Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Clermont
I have noticed that my symptoms are much worse in the morning and gradually decline until around 2 Pm, when I can be almost symptom free until around bed time, when they sometime reappear. This is puzzling to me, and make me wonder if I could do something to extend the time that I am mostly symptom free.

My ALS symptoms are Reflexes hyper reactive making it difficult to walk. Usually last 30-60 minutes in the morning after first getting up. This is also accompanied by poor coordination and overall less strength.

If I am under stress, my symptoms can occur at anytime but usually remain in check during my best hours.

If I get a chill in the morning, I also seem to be much worse with my Hyper reflexes.

Hi Lonny. Do you have a diagnosis of ALS? The coming and going of symptoms are not typical. I will say that when I get a chill I can not believe how quick and how bad I stiffen up.
AL.

Lonny -

Is it possible that you are just paying less attention to your symptoms at different times of day depending on how your mind may be occupied on other things or perhaps by how your activities put more or less strain on effected areas thus changing how you feel?

I'm never symptom free but on work days I'm much more stiff and sore by about 2 p.m. because I'm still doing more keyboarding than I should. When I'm chilling out with family and/or friends, I pay less attention to my symptoms. Like Al, the cold just locks me right up but with some heat applied and gentle stretching, I can undo much of that.

Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back