Do you think people know when the end is near?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your kind words. I would have to say that I'm not doing OK. I miss my husband so much that at times I can't breathe. When we got married I asked him for at least 25 years...he could only give me 24...we had a wonderful life together but it was much too short. This disease is awful.

In my experience with both of my parents, my wife, and Brad (Esduckhunter), yes, they all knew the end was near.

Murphy, I'm so sorry. It's a horrendous disease. My prayers for peace and comfort.

Murphy123. I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Praying for peace and comfort for you.

Hi! My dad was diagnosed in February and passed away on Nov 27th. Thru his entire illness he was the most positive person, he always said it could be worse and that he was going to fight. During the last three weeks he started telling us how tired he was and at night he wouldn't sleep because he was scared he wouldn't make it.The morning he passed away he woke up and told us that it was time and that he was going to heaven that was at6:20 am and at 10:21 am he was gone.

Thank you to everyone for your kindness. I feel blessed to receive your support. Each day is a challenge with lots of tears. I have great friends who check on me every day. One dear girlfriend is dealing with her husband's MS but she finds the time to call me. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by these lovely people.

Jennifer: I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Heartbreaking. Thank you for sharing. Thinking of you during this difficult time. Sounds like from the time of diagnosis to November the disease progressed very fast. That is how it has been with my dad. Diagnosed in August. Since August, just 4 months ago he has completely lost his voice, can not eat and his breathing is so shallow he uses Bipap and oxygen. The progression has been so quick that we feel like we're 4 or 5 steps behind everything.

God Bless you, your dad is a lucky man to have you

Jennifer, I'm so sorry for your loss. That was very fast. How hard for your family...

My sister was diagnosed 1 yr ago and is end stage now. This is day 8 with no food and only sips of water. Yet she insists on getting up, being transferred to bathroom, couch, bed all day. She's very much in charge and directing us in her care. She's fighting it, I believe, but says she's ready and wondering why she's still here.

Thanks for all the sweet comments. Yes dad's disease did go very fast, I can't tell you how many times me and my mom said we felt like we were on a roller coaster ride. I was lucky enough to take a leave of absence from work in july and I stayed with him and mom all day long. DEbs sis I felt like for the last month that dad was fighting it as well, he had so many bad days. I truly believe they wait for you to tell them it's ok to go.

Yesterday was a bad day. I spent most of it in tears. I miss my husband's smile and humor something awful. It's clear that I have a long way to go in the grieving process. It may sound strange but reading other people's posts helps me get through the pain.

My heart aches for you Murphy123. It's been over two years since I lost my sweet Annie and I miss her more than ever. I know absolutely that she is rejoicing in the presence of the Lord and that I shall see her again, but that doesn't stop me from missing her voice, and smile, and every little thing about her. We don't ever get over it, we just get used to it and start putting one foot in front of the other.

I started this post on 1/1 pondering the question of whether or not people know when the end is near. Confirmation has been given to me as my dad lost his courageous fight on 1/9/14. Our family is heartbroken....I'm dealing with things a little better because I had the opportunity to have my talk with him. He certainly will be missed...he was loved by my mom, his wife of 51 years, my sister, brother and I and all his family and friends.

Once things begin to settle down, I'll be back on here to speak of my dad's experience in hopes of being helpful to others. Wishing each of you all the best, until then.

Andrea.

So sorry for you loss Andrea. You dad is free now and I hope you all find peace.

My sincere condolences to you Andrea. I pray the Lord's peace and comfort abound to you. By all means, rejoin us when you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back