Do You Have ALS in your Dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I dream I am walking and running and all the things I use to be able to do, then I wake up and think OH CRAP it was just a dream....and try so hard to go back to sleep to get back in my dreams...Reality sucks now!

The only ALS dream I ever had was weird. Tom had ALS and his condition was as it was at the time. Unable to walk, in a power chair, arms and hands very weak, needing assistance with most everything etc. Well in my dream I hired someone to come in and help take of Tom (out of sheer exhaustion). In my dream I told him this person was coming in to help... well with that he stood up and walked towards me... he said "I knew you would let me down!" and I said "You A&%hole! You were FAKING!?" With that I woke up, had a good laugh and fell back to sleep... making up wasn't so bad! LOL.

I have both dreams where I am fine and those where I am disabled. In the first sort, I have no awareness of ALS and when I wake, I enjoy having had the dream experience of normal locomotion but also regret that I didn't appreciate it more in than dream. In the second sort of dream, I am never as disabled as I am in reality. I can usually walk but with a limp. In these dreams, I realize I have ALS but think I am getting better because I can actually walk. Then I wake to reality. I haven't had any dreams that I remember since my recent re-diagnosis to PLS.

I am usually healthy in my dreams. Wish they would come true. I like to sleep!

I agree PamelaSue. Some days I want to keep sleeping. But we have to get up and face reality. Bummer. LOL

Usually I have no problem in my dreams...but if I have high anxiety or stress I notice that I am completely paralyzed in my dreams...scary as all get out.

Well, since everything in our dreams represents an aspect of the dreamers inner self, in a way we can say they are true.

I know what you mean though...it would be great if they were physically true too.

Wow this is a great idea.............I woke just the other morning from a dream.....I was playing tennis. When I woke up everything just seemed great I was so happy. Then I went to move and damn back to the nightmare, my legs won't move. It crushed me

Mostly not, and they are great. But I have had a few where I'm in a wheechair, that sucks.

I dont remember my dreams...but the other night I had a dream that my foot drop healed itself and I could move my toes and walk. It was a thrill. But when I woke up I thought the dream was a treat....I enjoyed the freedom. But I chose not to get upset because it was not true, just enjoyed the sensation in my dreams.

Last night's dream I had ALS, but could suddenly walk unassisted. I was having so much fun!

Last night's dream I had ALS, but could suddenly walk unassisted. I was having so much fun!

I had one recently where I could walk unassisted when I was outdoors, but I had to get back in the wheelchair to go indoors. Once I was indoors, I was paralyzed again.

Given that I remember so few of my dreams, it was definitely odd.

row row row your boat gently down the stream...
May we receive many blessings and happiness in the coming new year. I'm so greatful for all of you.

No ALS in my dreams!

So far, dreams are an ALS free zone. Maybe that's why I like sleeping so much. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back