Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
pinellas county
I have NO weakness, No balance issues , but I do have muscle stiffness/tightnessof all my neck, arms, legs, ankles, face ,hands, shoulders, their all stiff/tight . I DONT have issues of swalloing, or chewing, but the muscles are extremly tight , spitting out toothpste is strange dng, I am able to lift and strech my legs on top of my dresser , I am able to walk on my toes, heals is also ok ,but muscles are tight, I do get pain from the stiffness, but I have days with none but still have the stiffness, the muscle tightness and stiffness is persistant 24-7 every day for the past 3-4 Mths I have high glutamate, I have the Gene mrkers for ALS , SOD1, there can or are other reasons for the muscle stiffness but I am trying to rule out every possible causes, I also have nerve pain all over , its 24-7 , but thers days where its not noticable , do ALS cause severe muscle pain from tightness , I think it flares up like Inflammation, my hands always feel like they are fat or swollen , but nothing every indicates theyare other then a sensation, do ALS symptoms come and go, how fast do symptoms persist ? If it sounds like ALS what test can I do to know for sure, I also excercise on my tredmill almost daily , the muscle stiffness dont really stop me from dng anything physical other then when the nerve pain is presnt it makes the nerve pain more intense. I dont really get much physical weakness , actully no physical weakness at all, I am looking for answers. Please help .

Thank you
Laura

It sounds like fibromyalgia. You should go to your PCP who can point you in the right direction.

I thought to when I read your post of fibromyalgia as well. Please see your PCP. I hope you find your answers soon. Best Wishes to you, Kim

Thank you , My GP and Nerologist said its not FM, I dont have ANY fatique at all , just the opposite, but I cant use that energy because of the nerve pain , so these symptoms Dont sound like ALS?

No it doesn't sound like ALS at all. What did your doctor say? Did he refer you to another doctor?

Thank you , he said I am a complexed case, as alot of d/x has fatique and I dont ever have fatique, had a Lyme test done showed a weak positive , I seen a LLMD he said he dont even think its Lyme

" Do this sound like ALS"....no; it don't.

Please post in the correct forum... Thanks

Thank you, Sorry I didnt know where to post

Keep pursuing a firm diagnosis. As I said, it sounds nothing like ALS so don't worry about that. Good luck!

Thank you ((hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back