Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
Hi,
I had a clean emg at the end of January. It was on both arms and legs. I saw a second neurologist a few weeks ago. He did a clinical exam that he said was clean. He said he would do his own EMG since he can't rely on anyone else's. He referred me for another emg. I had the emg about a week ago. It was clean. The doctor also gave me another clinical exam that he said was normal. But my speech still seems slurred and I stumble over my words. I still twitch all over. I still feel weak. And most concerning, I still have shortness of breath. It gets especially bad at times. The shortness of breath started in September of 2019. It had went away but came back. My thumbs also have loose skin. I'm worried that my thenar is atrophied. Would bulbar be ruled out based on my emg results? And would atrophy of the thenar show on emg even though they didn't test that muscle? I really want to move on but I still have symptoms.
Screenshot_20220508-100556.jpg
Screenshot_20220508-100801.jpg
Screenshot_20220508-100556.jpg
Screenshot_20220508-100801.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello-

This is excellent news for you. I don't think you will find anyone here who would contradict what the doctor has said. While you still feel symptoms, they are not caused by ALS. While I don't know what your symptoms may mean, hopefully you will be able to leave your fears of ALS behind and be able to work with your doctor in improving them knowing that ALS is not the cause.

Please take care

Thank you all so much for responding to me. I appreciate it and it has put my mind at ease some. I'm seeing a therapist and taking an antidepressant and a benzo. But it's like my mind won't let it go. Thank you again and sorry to pester you all.

Good you've been so thoroughly cleared of ALS and are working on your mental health. It's not easy, it will take time and energy and it will totally worth it. Have trust and patience, with the therapy, with your therapist and most of all with yourself. Treat yourself like you would treat your best friend. Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back