Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie1966

Do any of you have a DNR?My Patient with ALS and my friend Richard went home yesterday to be with the Lord after CPR was done by the firemen (the firemen was crying while he was doing the CPR) telling Riches wife that he wished he could stop doing the CPR legally without a DO NOT RESUSITATE order he had to keep going doing CPR and Richards wife Philis screamed stopyour going to break his ribs, and when the paramedics got there they called his time of Death.The nurses at the nursing home said that he was unresponsive and they said that his heart stopped and he went with no pain like he fell into a deep sleep. I have learned so much from this forum I thank all of you for your support. I just wanted to give you all something in return. Phillis's last memorie of her husband was the firemen trying to bring her husband back. Richard was and is an awesome person He will be in my memory until my time on earth is done as a Hospice Home Health aide I have been blessed by all my patients Jackie

While I was a Captain with the fire dept. there were a few ocassions where the same situation arose. It is very unnerving to have to do CPR on a person that the family doesn't want revived. I tell all my friends not to call 911 if they don't want extreme measures taken. My daughter is a Paramedic and a Registered Nurse. We have discussed the issue with the family and everyone knows my wishes.

Thank you Al for your response today was Riches memorial it was good to see his wife she's coping ok.I have learned so much from all of you on this site and I have learned alot of things while taking care of Rich and his ALS I have been blessed by knowing Rich and he always kept his faith in the Lord. Thanks again May God Bless you and Keep you Jackie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back