zeyna311

Country
az
State
baku
City
baku
Hello everybody
İ am having realy hard Times because my Health issues. İ have written about my symptoms als group before, but mostly people, dosent think i look like have als.
My symptoms started 2 years ago. My legs and arms are weak and getting weaker as time pass. İ am mother of 2 years old and it is getting difficult.İ still thank god after 2 years of symptoms, i still take care of my Baby and my husband with some difficultty. İ USed to work 12 hour a day but not anymore. İ can still do everything but i cant exercise , i cant run,i cant work due to muscle weakness and fatigue.İ have muscle twitch all my body but they dont bother me , because my concern is muscle weakness. İ dont have any pain.
İn 2 years i have had many test including, MRİ , all the blood tests, plus 2 emg everything came back clean.my latest clinical exam show diffuse hyperreflexia and my Nero said , i have very slight muscle weakness , He said he dosent know what is the problem as all my test came back clean.i asker him abaut als or pls. He stated , he dosent know but he dosent think so. Do you think i may have pls because my clean emg and 2 year of symptoms and i can do everything.

Zeyna. that is impossible to say.

I had symptoms like yours for 5 years, spasticity, pathological reflexes and a provisional diagnosis of pls. Now they are all reversing and I am almost % 100. only left with a bit of hip weakness, which I am working on.
No one knows why, or what. I think probably it was a weird virus, who knows. I had to pretty much stop work and now I am struggling to get back on the work train, due to having to turn contracts down.

Just keep doing all you can exercise wise. If it's only a little bit, then keep doing it and push yourself. There's lots of reasons why you should stay positive, despite the difficulties you are experiencing. The no 1 is, you Do not have ALS. Let that thought and the thought about the wonderful people here battling in daily, with strength and dignity, drive you forward.

Best wishes

zey..have you got one sided weakness..do you slap your foot when you walk like duck and fall over...do you have clonus or spasticity with contractions...use a walking stick... have startle reflex..are stiff and slow and continually in some sort of pain...suffer an autonomic hyperreflectic reaction....bibanski pathological sign....and so on.....well if you do...because pls is so very rare you almost certainly aint got pls.....good luck

EMG's pick up lower motor neuron disturbances. PLS is a disease involving only upper motor neurons. Hence, an EMG will not be able to detect PLS.

As Johnny stated, PLS is extremely rare. Odds are you probably don't have it.

Hello everybody
İ am having realy hard Times because my Health issues. İ have written about my symptoms als group before, but mostly people, dosent think i look like have als.
My symptoms started 2 years ago. My legs and arms are weak and getting weaker as time pass. İ am mother of 2 years old and it is getting difficult.İ still thank god after 2 years of symptoms, i still take care of my Baby and my husband with some difficultty. İ USed to work 12 hour a day but not anymore. İ can still do everything but i cant exercise , i cant run,i cant work due to muscle weakness and fatigue.İ have muscle twitch all my body but they dont bother me , because my concern is muscle weakness. İ dont have any pain.
İn 2 years i have had many test including, MRİ , all the blood tests, plus 2 emg everything came back clean.my latest clinical exam show diffuse hyperreflexia and my Nero said , i have very slight muscle weakness , He said he dosent know what is the problem as all my test came back clean.i asker him abaut als or pls. He stated , he dosent know but he dosent think so. Do you think i may have pls because my clean emg and 2 year of symptoms and i can do everything.
I have been dealing with the same kind of issues for over 5 years and after the local doctors could not figure out what was causing my numbness, tingling and loss of strength I finally went to the Cleveland Clinic for answers. MRIs showed no pressure on my spinal cord yet every symptom I had said I had stenosis in my cervical area. Dr. Ledermind did more test and eliminated everything else that it could be and determined I have PLS. If you can make it to the Cleveland Clinic or Mayo Clinic I highly suggest you do so.
Sincerely
Brother Rock
Alethes Ministry To The World - Home

Hello everyone , and thank you for replies
Like i said before, i dont know what is going on with my body so my doktor. He is sure something is not right. But dosent know what it is.İ am trying to be positive and thank god after 2 years of this symptoms, i still take care of my baby.i am praying to god, Pleace it is not als.
İs that normal progressing for pls after 2 years of symptoms i can stil do everything but little slower and little difficultty. İf it is pls, How is my progression, i mean is it slow or Fast . And one last question is , How was you after 2 year of symptoms. İs that possible it could be als despite 2year mark.

Pleace write me some info, i am having realy difficultty Times, i realy neden to talk to you guys. İ realy need suppord.

I was just diagnosed with PLS after 5 years with problems. I had numbing, tingling and then lost 1/3 of my muscles in my right leg. I had many MRIs and an EMG that said I did not have ALS, MS or any problem with my spinal cord and could not figure out what was wrong with me. I finally decided to go to Cleveland Clinic and after more MRIs and another EMG I was diagnosed with PLS. My doctor is sure I have it but he wants a sinal cord tap to check first. I will have that done this Friday the 11th of May. You can send me an e-mail to [email protected] if you want more information about what I had to do. Take care Zeyna311. Brother Rock

so rock.u aint got it as yet............oddly enough my neuros said..after every test ..that, it is something in the spine and we know not what.....a reverse diagnosed i recon...the tell u what u aint got and u figure out for yoursen............then again the poor old neuros , when u get down to it, dont knowhow it all starts but the do know the finish..........johnny

so rock.u aint got it as yet............oddly enough my neuros said..after every test ..that, it is something in the spine and we know not what.....a reverse diagnosed i recon...the tell u what u aint got and u figure out for yoursen............then again the poor old neuros , when u get down to it, dont knowhow it all starts but the do know the finish..........johnny
Sorry Johnny, I have a hard time to understand what you are saying. Anyway, the doctor says I have PLS but wanted to do the spine tap to be sure. My sister and my grandmother died from ALS and now I have PLS yet they say they are not inherited. Mmmmmm. oh well. I trust in God that he allowed me to have this for His glory. Either by healing me or by allowing people to know I have peace in my heart. I put this in another site "I WILL give thanks to our Father for allowing me to become a sufferer of Primary lateral sclerosis (PLS). (1st Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. and Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.)" Brother Rock

ah...brother rock am i right in thinking you are a brother as in church and such......i go along with you not understanding me...i can be a bit obtuse......i cant understand why you thank your god for putting you through this ordeal....and others......blimey. asnt he got something better to do......maybe he could give some clues as to the causes of mnd and help the neuros to find a cure..to what is a devistating illness.....good luck...johnny..

Brother, just wanted to let you know that theta are indeed familial forms of ALS. Maybe you could get the genetic tests done. Could be that you do have the gene.

Well my new friend Johnny, as it says in 1st Thessalonians 5:18 In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" we are to thank Him in EVERYTHING. That is why I give thanks to Him for allowing me to have this. Here is my website that you can visit Alethes Ministry To The World - Home. By the way, our son was born in Upper Heyford UK and he is now in the US Air Force stationed in Mildenhall/Lakenheath. Take care my friend. Sincerely Brother Rock

Thank you for the information Alyoop. I will have to search for "theta" as I have not hear of it. The wife of a good friend of mine has HSP and I had to look that up. She has a pump in her stomach for Baclofen that helps her a lot.

Sorry brother rock, that was a spelling error. Was supposed to read "there".

Once you get to know me you will realize I do it all the time !

Well all, I went to the Cleveland Clinic and had my spinal tap done plus they took a lot of blood. Needless to say I felt a quart low the rest of the day. ;-) I hope to have a "final" answer by the end of next week. I am not in denial, I just do not think I have PLS because of 1. I do not have muscle spasticity, 2 symptoms change with position. Number 2 does not seem compatable with a neuron deficiency in the brain. Seems to me that that would cause consistant symptoms. But maybe I am wrong. Thus my frustration. Sincerely Brother Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back