Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
Hello,

I am a 26 year old female. About 3 months ago I started twitching in my left thigh. A few weeks after that it went body wide. They were off and on throughout the day for a long time. I noticed my legs were also burning when changing my daughter on our bed. Like bending down in that position made them burn and feel fatigued- I chalked it up to being out of shape. 1 month ago I suffered a miscarriage. About 2 weeks after that I noticed my legs were even weaker and my grip on my left and right hands felt weak and clumsy- mainly my left. My left thumb in particular feels weak. I can’t hold my phone using my left thumb. There is a bump on my left forearm about 2 inches from my wrist. It is soft but like a bulge. Does this sound like muscle wastage or carpal tunnel (Ive been looking on the Mayo Clinic website)? My neck also feels weak after I’ve been sitting at my desk at work. I don’t know if I’m having cramps but I am having sharp random pains in my legs. Although they don’t feel like a Charley- Horse. I started anti anxiety meds 3 weeks ago to help me cope with all this. I also started taking magnesium which has seemed to help with a lot of the twitches. Am I just conjuring up these “symptoms” and being hypersensitive? I asked my doctor about ALS and she wasn’t concerned as I have been under a lot of stress but now with my anxiety I feel like I can’t even rest. I am so scared I have this that I won’t see my daughter grow up.

I also want to add that my body feels so tense I can’t rest. Like my muscles are contracted and won’t stop.

First I am extremely sorry for your loss. No doubt you are stressed and your body depleted. You also apparently have a very young child So you couldn’t recover by resting.

a bump is certainly not atrophy. If it were in the wrist I would say ganglion cyst a common benign issue. What did your doctor say it was ?
I don’t see ALS in your description. Please read this Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms then follow up with your doctor to discuss your symptoms further

Thank you. I’ve read the “Do I have ALS?” sticky at least 5 times the past 2 weeks. It does comfort me. That is very sweet of you.
The lump wasn’t there at the doctor. Maybe something is wrong with my tendon?
My symptoms are getting worse every day. What about my legs feelings weak and my muscles being tense? What about my muscle twitches? My left hand is so clumsy and weak sometimes. I’m just so tired of worrying about this and looking for some reassurance from people who have had actual experience with it. I apologize ahead of time for sounding like such a worry wort- I feel I’m hyper focused on this.

It is important to distinguish "symptoms" from "feelings" and the power the mind has over the body. As Nikki says, a miscarriage is a traumatic event -- my sympathies -- and there are releases of hormones and such. If you have a new lump, I would certainly show it to a doctor, even if you start with a video visit. But I don't see anything to worry about as regards ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back