Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Port Arthur
It started in 3/25/14 i was at work and my heart started racing for no reason i tried to settle down but my heart would not stop palpitating so i went to the emergency room. They told me i a had a panic attack. So i went home and ended up back in the ER 3 times within two week because of the same thing. I got to a cardiologist he went in and found an irregular routing of my RCA both my veins come out the left side of my heart so he stuck a stent in my RCA. Afterwards i still felt like somethingelse was wrong so i started seeing all the doctors. Pulmatologist cleared me, Rhuematologist cleared me, Neurologist was seen 4 months after attack did a EKG normal he found a little carpel tunnel. Infectious Disease Doctor said i tested positive for lyme it was a false positive but he said there were enough bands infected to be treated. I was treated for a month and then nothing after that. I was still having trouble breathing and my heart rate would shoot up if i would do any little thing physical. Since then i have been feel weakness and having fasiculation all over my body. Then they all stopped for months i was stable i had alot of my strength for months and just took medicine for my heart issues and i was doing well for a while and then here in the last month my stamina took a turn down drastically. I was running then it went to walking for 30 min, now i can only go for about 10 min. My strength is getting weaker and i am noticing that my calf is slowly getting weaker also. When i walk on my heels my right foot wants to drop more than my left. My hand writing is getting worse. My congnative skill are getting worse and i am having trouble putting sentences together. I feel pain in my bones when i touch them especially in my chest. It has been a year since my last EMG i have one scheduled for Wed. The weakness is my biggest concern and it is getting worse day by day. Almost too fast i am wondering is it the lyme or something else. Please respond with anything.

Most of what you describe sounds nothing like ALS. I do not know what you mean foot wants to drop. It either drops or it does not. If you have a scheduled EMG then I guess you have recently seen a doctor. Was there clinical weakness detected by the doctor?
The heart rate issue and bone pain don't sound like ALS plus your symptoms seem all over the place again not like ALS. Unless your doctor finds something on EMG or on clinical exams and he/ she tells you ALS I think you are looking in the wrong place

Last edited:
My calf is feeling weaker by the day so it is affecting my walking. So when I try to walk on my heels I don't have the strength that I have in the left calf. My right calf and my right forearm feels weaker than my left no astrophy but noticeable weakness on the right side of my body. Stamina has gone down very quickly over the last month. Also always feel very strange my anxiety is through the roof. This has been going on for over a year. Could I of had an EMG to soon is 4 months after first symptoms too soon or is that enough time to see true results?

BMOE: I wouldn't worry about ALS if I were you. As Nikki said, your first post doesn't mention ANYTHING that is ALS.
ALS is all about paralysis. This is how it works:
1) For an unknown reason, a motor nerve in the brain is destroyed, so it can't send the "contract" signal to a muscle.
2) So the muscle doesn't contract. It just hangs there, limp and useless. There's no pain, no feeling of weakness.
3) The next motor nerve is destroyed, and the next, in serial order. So your foot, and then your leg, gets paralyzed. Eventually the next leg, arm, other arm, etc. get paralyzed.

ALS does not affect cognition or stamina and it doesn't cause fasciculations all over the body all at once.

An EMG will see ALS BEFORE the symptoms appear.

Don't worry about ALS. It is rare. There are plenty of non-fatal diseases the doctor might find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back