Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
England
City
London
Let me explain what occured and what occured before the symptoms.
Before the symptoms i had diorhea ( tmi sorry) and one night i think i slept on my shoulder
wrong so i did some arm stretches.

My arm felt this shoot of electricity/tingly sensation from the fingers to my forearm to my bicep to my shoulder. Then I started to worry so much. Google ALS symptoms too. I also just let my arm rest and put it down to typing on my laptop for 9 hours a day. I also did some bicep curls because i thought it'd strengthen it however i felt this strange weak sensation in my left biceps , left hand . I just let it rest. The next day it felt the same. The day after that My left hand and arm felt a bit stronger i put it down to no typing.

So by now it's 3 or so days in and i'm super worried and anxious and i'm crying too. I feel tightness in my throat and the muscles under my jaw ( between the chin and neck). So i don't even feel like talking because it's a slight effort. The next couple of days my neck stopped feeling tight and so did under my chin. Also i've been thinking about my left leg and feeling i had tingly sensations at the toes and hamstrings...One day it felt better.

Now, my mouth felt very dry and my tongue too. I feel as if my tongue has enlarged. Before i think i had a wheezy/hoarse voice because of all the crying. So now I can start singing again.

also right now, i feel like this whoosing of blood/tingling sensation in my bicep fingers and forearm and shoulder... all on the left side.

I've been so self concious of my walking wondering if my left leg is weaker . However i can still go on for long walks and be suprised that it's working.

I suffer from depression and the past week has been extremely difficult. I have fatigue too. I stopped taking my Vitamin D pills because i'm thinking that was the start of it all.

Eating is ok aslong as i have a sip of water per bite or it's more cumbersome to chew and swallow ( not sure if it's anxiety)

I'll be seing a doc tomorrow and yeah Please help

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo scared and sooooooo sad.:(

currently feeling tingly pulsation in finger tips ( all on left hand) . I'm not sure if my left arm has recovered however definetly stronger than when it all started.

To answer your title question: nope.

Don't talk to us. Talk to the doc you're seeing tomorrow.

Oh brother. I don't mean to sound sarcastic but your symptoms are SO NOT ALS, it isn't funny. Read ALL the stickies, I bet you have read none. I'm no doctor but your symptoms sound psychosomatic brought on by anxiety, which certainly are problematic but not terminal.

Copy and print your Thread (post) above and show it to your doctor tomorrow. He'll tell you what's wrong with you for sure!

You absolutely don't have any ALS symptoms so this forum is not for you. You don't need a regular medical doctor either. You need a psychiatrist a.s.a.p and I'm not trying to be mean by saying that.

Scared Bulbar ALS?

Dry mouth ... Feels like enlarged tongue ... Difficulty swallowing dry food . I can easily swallow liquids. I can speak and sing. Though a couple of days ago I had a hoarse voice .

A week who I felt tingling down left arm and left leg. Felt weakness in left arm however it's strengthened since then. Left fingertips still tingles.

I tried having cookies however I has to chew enough to make enough saliva to swallow.

So dry mouth and tongue is making it a challenge. Has been 5 days already . As long as I have a sip of water with the solid dry foods then I'm good.

I thought all that crying and worrying hurt my throat but I'm not sure now . My throat felt right however now it feels alright . Just trouble getting the food to enter the pie hole.

So scared and sad and worried.

Please keep to one thread. I have merged this for you. You were seeing a physician today. What did he or she say? See above for our opinions

You wrote, ("Just trouble getting the food to enter the pie hole.")

Which pie hole?

The one you talk out of? Or... the one you're talking out of?

Trouble swallowing :(
I worry it's bulbar. Seriously can't swallow food without a bit of water in mouth.

Could be mini-strokes! What did they say at your appointment? You trust us more with your health then a doctor. Wow, thanks for the compliment. Wish we got their salary too.

I have re-read your entire Thread and your problem and it's solution literally jumped off the monitor to me when you wrote, ("I tried having cookies however I has to chew enough to make enough saliva to swallow." and "Just trouble getting the food to enter the pie hole.")

That's it! You're trying to put cookies in your pie hole! Problem solved. Next...

Sorry if I'm aggregating you . I really am.

You're not listening to some really smart people. It's not bulbar, not ALS, probably not anything at all besides anxiety.

The members of this ALS forum are dying, and keep themselves really well informed about the disease that is killing them.

You asked your question and got our answers.

You need to join a forum where people are worried about worrying.

Don't answer this, Just see your doctor.

What are you not hearing?
Dry mouth ....... Not ALS
Feels like enlarged tongue ..... Not ALS
Hoarse voice ...... Not ALS
Tingling in left arm and leg ....... Not ALS
Felt weakness in left arm but strengthened since ...... Not ALS
Left fingertips tingle ...... Not ALS
Dry mouth ....... Not ALS
"Woosing" sensation in biceps, fingers, forearm, shoulder ........ Not ALS
I could go on and on and on quoting your ridiculous symptoms. Do you get it now? None of them are remotely similar to ALS symptoms. You do NOT have ALS. You have anxiety. Stop reading google or wherever you're getting these crazy ideas and get on with living!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back