Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Francisco
I have been having symtoms for over 3 months. I wake up each day and feel good with no symtoms. For the past 3 months and as each day progresses, I have been experiencing numbness, tingling, pins, needles and pain in my right foot/calf. I have read that these are sensory issues and that ALS are motor issues. I have not experiened any motor issues. The symtoms come and go. I wake up each day and worry that I will have toe drop or foot drop. Could these symtoms be the beginning signs of foot drop. I had an MRI and the doctor stated that I have disc degeneration and I may have some mild issues with a pinched nerve. I am so sorry to bother you all but have you come across and first symtom stories that started with pins, needles, numbness and mild pain. I also have been experiecing mild twitching in my right calf, both arms, back and both legs. I have read that twitching in multiple areas is a good....one area is bad....the twitching comes and goes and is mild. Again, my main conern is that this has been going on for 3 months....could these mild symtoms be the beginning? I am so sorry to bother you all but I am so scared

No, to pretty much every question.
You do not have ALS, or the start of it. I have not gone back and read your previous posts, but I think you have probably been told that already. Please don't come back here, check out a forum for pinched nerves, maybe.

Your dr doesn't need to do anymore tests as a bit of tingling, twitching is present in a huge number of the worlds population. Stop worrying about it. If you can't then please go and get your anxiety treated.

To the forum....this is the stair climber back again for another flight with turned into a fight. Please don't reply in any way to them!

How dare you. I have been able to go to the gym but there is so much pain in my foot and calf each time I work out. I have to wear a compression sock now on my calf to work out. I have read that several of you were able to lead normal lifes in the early stages of this terrible desease. There was mild weakness but other no other symtoms. I have had twitching in my right calf and foot for over 3 months. Ihave been experienincing some major pins, needles, numbness and pain in my foot/calf. I am sorry to come to you all for help but it just seems to be getting worse and the doctors say it takes up to a year to diagnose.

I believe those are symptoms of disc degeneration and pinched nerves. So you have your diagnosis yeah?

KIWISALLY asked that you not responed and I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE. The doctors staed that this "could be" a pinched nerve but there was no significant herniation. I have seen muliple viewpoints on twiches....most viewpoints say twitches take place late in the process after muscle atrophy....a few viewpoints state that they take place as a first symtom.....I have seen multiple viewpoints on pain, pins, needles....MOST say they NEVER occur in ALS because they are sensory NOT motor......a few state they have had them as a first symtom.....I still have all my motor skills and abilities. Do I lose Motor Skills and abilities first so I am not able to perform my workouts. Is that why KIWISALLY is mad at me. This is all so scary and confusiong and the frustrating part is the docotrs just state that "time will tell". I came to the forum for help and aplogize to all for taking your valued time but would apprecaite any feedback.

Thank you so much for your response. I know how valued your time is and I appreciate your feedback. This last three months have been so scary for me and my family and once again I pray for you and all those affected by this terrible terrible Desease. Thank you once again and I will not be back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back