Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wright,

Thank you so much again for helping out with my questions. This world is lucky to have people like you to take the time and be a helpful member of this forum. You are really wonderful and knowledgeable. You have helped out so many people and it's so greatly appreciated. Here are the results of my EMG.

1.) Sensory evoked potentials of the right superficial peroneal. sural, median, and ulnar nerves are normal.

2.)Motor evoked potentials of the right peroneal, tibial, median and ulnar nerves are normal.

3.) F waves of the right peroneal, tibial, median and ulnar nerves are normal.

4.) Sterile concentric neddle examination was performed on right leg and arm include anterior tibialis, medial and lateral gastricnemiuous, peroneus longus, vastus lateralis, deltoids, beceps, triceps, flexor carpi radialis, 1st dorsal interossei, and C5 paraspinal. Fasciculations noted in the VL and MG. Fast firing rates and reduced recruitment patterns are noted in deltoids and biceps. Polyphsic motor unit action potentials are seen in the TA and C5 paraspinal.

Conclusion:
1.) Abnormal study
2.) There is electrodiagnostic evidence suggestive a right demyelinating C5-6 radiculopathy with no evidence of dennervation.

Then there's a table that says EMG summary and it says that the is "Spontaneous H.F. in Deltoid C5,6= 1+ and in beceps 1+. Then a "PPP 1+ in the Tibialis anterior and C5 paraspinal.

My kinase level was 143.

If you could get back to me, it would be so greatly appreciated and wonderful. You are great. THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Kool bubby I am not Wright, but Demyelination has nothing to do with ALS. It states that No denervation is evident, its denervation along with reinervation and many other things that point in the direction of ALS.

This is extremely good news so you really have something to celebrate.

ms kool, i evaluate and conclude...your skin is very very thick.....

KoolBuddee

I didn't see this before I answered your private message, so go there for the detailed answers. As Aly said, your EMG is not the EMG of someone with ALS; it isn't even close.

The neuro actually gave you the impression and diagnosis right in the report, so I'm not sure what on earth scared you into thinking it was ALS; ALS was not mentioned at all, because there is absolutely no evidence you have it.

Now be done with this and go tackle your real problem: a damaged nerve in your neck due to a disk issue, which is very treatable. It's no picnic but all will be fine in time.

Thorough clinical exam at a major teaching hospital, elevated CPK 3, fasiculations, spasms and re-enervation on the EMG. It took a while because of concomittal conditions (spondyliosthesis and displace ulnar nerve) and a very dedicated and comitted neurologist. He had been wathcing and did makethe diagnosis official until the bad EMG. My case is slow, starting in my dominant hand,and now working to the other hand,ankles and hip flexors. Still walking (not gracefully) and water aerobics 3xweek, and taking one day at a time. The right team makes all the difference. I am at University of Virginia, andthey have a large neuro group and an ALS clinic. Hope this helps.

Your EMG, in laymans terms, is saying you have a trapped nerve in your cervical spine. It will likely be repaired surgically, as it's causing issues on the test. I'm rather surprised the MRI of your spine didn't pick it up.

Good luck to you. You might also research fibromyalgia. It can worsen with a physical problem going on...such as your neck.

Thank you everybody for your feedback. The EMG is limited and only explains my shoulder and neck. It's strange, when I try to stand, it feels like my knees are about to give out. I wonder if this is because of quadricep weakness. Both of my knees are equally, symmetrically affected. In addition, both of my arms (forearms mostly) are affected with weakness. But I feel the weakness mostly in my knees and forearms. I know Wright wrote that ALS affects a hand or foot first but does anybody have experience with it affecting both arms or legs at the same time? Does anybody have weak knees?

Are you serious? Please tell me that someone hacked into your computer or you left your computer on while being signed into this site and someone other than you just wrote your last post. If that isn't the case, then here is a question for you: Why on earth do you ask us questions about whether or not you have ALS? We have already told you that your story is not the story of someone with ALS. How much more clear do we have to be? This is absolutely ridiculous. Go ahead and waste your time but I'm done wasting my time on nonsense like this.

Case closed.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back