Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
MX
State
BC
City
Tijuana
Hi, I would really appreciate it if someone could read my post, I am very scared, I am a 26-year-old male, needing advice, any help is very much appreciated. I am very concerned about these symptoms.

On October 27th I woke up feeling extremely tired (super tired) had a black coffee espresso one night before, October 29th I went to six flags, first time experience, I felt like I made a lot of pressure with my head (I had an intense fear for roller coasters), November the 2nd I had my first panic attack on the freeway, I felt I couldn't think straight, tingling in my extremities, closing hands, I felt like I was going to die, I associate this with the experience I had in six flags as well had 2.5 or 3 lts of coffee that same day, ended up on the ER. Dr. performed an electrocardiogram, and a chest x-ray, and all came good, his diagnostic: palpitations due to anxiety/panic attack.

One week after my panic or anxiety attack (according to the doctor) I remember feeling super tired, the same tiredness from October 27th (tiredness went away), this tiredness lasted 3 days, as well as night sweats, brain fog, fear, dissociation, depersonalization (those night sweats went away as well as the dissociation and depersonalization ) lots of crying for the minimum emotion (crying doesn’t happen anymore). I performed a cranial CT scan one week after, came clear, urine and blood tests as well. Since then, I have been having muscle twitches all over my body almost all day sporadically, legs, near my knees, arms, hips, belly, eye twitch when I close them hard. sometimes tingling in my extremities, fear of having another panic attack, constant anxiety, bad memory, 1 eye floater in one of my eyes (eye floater usually goes away) left index finger itchy always on the same spot, UTI or what I thought it was an UTI, shortness of breath.

4 weeks ago, I started to have what I believe is perceived weakness in my hands, especially the left hand (non-dominant hand), it is a weird feeling like I could not move a pen, I think this mostly happens when I am sitting when I distract myself it goes away and I can perfectly grab the pen with that weird feeling, again, this usually happens when I am not thinking about it or sitting on my computer, this could go all day if I think or concentrate on that (I also remember having this weird hand feeling a few years back when trying to write while sitting) what scares me is that today I started to have a burning sensation on my hands and arm.

Note: I have had back pain and neck pain for a few years now it has improved with physiotherapy. I am a very nervous person and stress out pretty quickly; I associate this with 5 years of sleeping on a couch as well 8 years of working on a chair. I also have had OCD since I was a teenager.

God bless and have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest you find a counselor to help you through this time. You may have to see more than one to find the best one for you.

Constant anxiety as you describe can cause every physical problem that you describe, and more. Even seeing someone through telehealth may be helpful to you. Constant nervousness can also increase your pulse and blood pressure, cause you to hyperventilate, and thereby create other physical sensations and problems. Then you worry more. It is a vicious cycle.

Of course, you will want to keep in touch with your doctor and inform them if you lose any physical abilities outright. I don't believe that will happen.

There is no reason to think of ALS or anything like it.

Best,
Laurie

I really appreciate your time to aswer this message, Laurie. I will definitely find help, I feel like I need it, I am really tired of looking my symptoms online and thinking I have "all the illnesses that could've ever exist" I am just screaming to go back to normal, but I really, really, was so scared of ALS or MS, I just thought of all the time I didn't spend with my family, I didn't know if I should be concerned or not for these symptoms I am feeling, this is all new to me. If you think I shouldn't be concerned, then I am going to go ahead and stop this vicious cycle of googling and sign out. Some how this leaves me at peace.

Have a blessed day, Laurie. And again, I really appreciate your time for answering my post.

Oh please do get help from a professional as this is so frightening.
I have had anxiety in my life and with a lot of work I did get through it.
You don't have a single ALS symptom. Please see your doctor, you are sick, but it is so very treatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back