Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
Broomall
Hi, I wanted to see if I might have very early signs of ALS. These are my symptoms. I have a positive pronator drift, my left hand is very weak, and I have a pulsating fasciculation near my wrist(pulse). I have complete weakness in my left leg and foot drops inward & mild twitches(not visible just under skin) in my calf and stomach. I have been to Neuro in Phila, & he has ran many tests, including MRI, MRI spinal, all blood work, and I have had ANA & creatine kinase twice, all results normal. I have very stiff muscles during sleep and after I wake up. I am scheduled for an EEG, but not EMG yet. My hand cant make the ok sign wout my fingers failing, & cant keep my hand on my waist, & when I tap my fingers with my thumb I do double taps. I have no speech issues. My Dr. and I do not know what is wrong. I feel very nervous, however it has only been 5 wks, but I wanted to see if anyone could help me or make any suggestions. Thank you, Barb

I can only suggest to follow up with your doctor, he sounds like he's working hard for you. In general, having symptoms in both your left hand and foot/leg in just 5 weeks is not something that would suggest ALS, but until you get through the electrical studies you won't be able to know for sure.

Whatever is going on, to have such symptoms in just over a month must be very difficult. If you have any practical questions in the meantime, "how do I do so and so with this sort of weakness?", that we could probably help with, feel free to shoot me a visitor message. Even if we have different conditions, the practical living lessons come down to very similar things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back