Do I have ALS, Bulbar & Fatigue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I got my pulmonary test back. It shows that I don't have as much airway restriction as I should and that my lung capacities are around 85%. I told my PC before that it feels like my esophagus and chest is wide open. I also will eat and 20 min later cough up food. I am trying not to worry, but there is not many things left that this could be. Any thoughts or advice?

I'm not quite sure of all you mean about airway restrictions and feeling your chest is wide open.
But the important thing is - you have had pulmonary testing - what has your doctor said the results mean?
It's a bit pointless asking us what they mean, your doctor needs to discuss the tests with you in combination with the clinical examination they do with you.
Let us know what your doctor says, but work with them. There are hundreds of things that could affect lung function and cause you to 'cough up food' 20 minutes after eating.

I would see an ENT. They can check out your throat and, if necessary, give you a swallow study. Some people need their esophagus stretched out. An ENT will know how to proceed in helping you solve the problem.

Lung capacities vary widely.

I would start by going to a good ENT to check out your throat and swallowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back