Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CZE
State
Czech Repubilc
City
Prague
Hello, I am an 18 year old guy, a hypochondriac to be honest.

2 Months ago, I developed knee pain, and foot stabbing. It felt like electricity I think. I thought I had bone cancer. I was stressing out about it. It got better with movement, and I forgot about it for a week - I really dont think I felt the pain for the whole week. Hoewever, after a week or so, tha pain came back, and it also occured while walking. While walking I felt muscle pain in the foot and sometimes stabs. When sitting down only stabbing. This was for about a month. Then I read about MS. I freaked out, started feeling stabbing pain in my hands and pain in my other foot too. Few days ago, I started getting mild cramps/pains in my calf and thigh, I get it like 5-8 times a day and they last about 5-10 seconds. I slowly stopped feeling the stabbing pain in foot, but in turned into a clear muscle pain. I went runinng 4 days ago, and both of my feet have hurt really after. The muscles. It lasted like 30 minutes, but then it got good for 2 days. But yersterday It started again. I started feeling stabbing pain in both hands, and no more stabbing in feet, but muscle pain in both feet. Even when not walking. The are on the sides on the heel, everywhere except fingers. I dont have any muscle weakness yet. What should I do ? Is this ALS ? I eat very healty so I doubt in can be any sort of mineral deficiency. Can this be anxiety ? Please says yes :D I will very appreciate every help...

This is NOT ALS. Please get your anxiety treated. Go to your general doctor and tell him what you are experiencing.

I second what Kim said.

I am worried I might have ALS at age 18 ?

Hello everyone here. I am sorry if this post comes out stupid, but I am very afraid and certain I might have ALS. I currently cannot go to the doctor, which would be useleys anyway. Here are the symptoms...

- started as mild foot stabs, which would be weekly on and off. Then they converted to eletric sensations. They stopped about 2 weeks ago,but converted to muscle pain. This happens in both feet but mostly my left. Idk if they are cramps but i dont feel much tension in these muscles, but I do feel twitching sometimes. This does not happen in the fingers, but the muscles across the foot and heel. This happens in the calf sometimes and thigh.

- The muscle twithing is just sometimes in my calf, thigh and even the both feet. Might be anxiety maybe ? Happens usually when i think about it, and like twice a day. Started getting them about 2 weeks ago.

- sometimes i get little pain in my biceps. ( i did not have time to workout in the past month so maybe that causes it ?)

- This is the symptoms that convinces me the most and probably started showing signs like 5-6 years ago. When I play a football game i start coughing after and feel a little shortness of breath. It lasts about 10 mins or less. This happens only after heavy footbal games, not casual running or weight lifting. And i woke up the last two nights about every 2 hours and feel exhausted. I did not cough, but feel tired. I think this migh be respinatory progression so i have the worst time possible.

I will appreciate every answer, they will mean so much to me and sorry if it sounds disrespectful but i am very worried 😞.

Mod note: Please continue posting on your original thread. It helps members provide better feedback if they can see your posting history all in one place.

Mod note: Please continue posting on your original thread. It helps members provide better feedback if they can see your posting history all in one place.

Ok thank you, what do you think about the symptoms though ?

SuperGeorgeDude, you do not have ALS.

Your post did not have ANY symptom of ALS.

That's final.

Same as the last two people told you. An ALS forum is the wrong place for you. Go see a doctor with a list of the things you are concerned about and ask them how they can help you.

SuperGeorgeDude, you do not have ALS.

Your post did not have ANY symptom of ALS.

That's final.

Thanks :) did you read the other part though ? About the sleep apnea...

Yes, I read everything you wrote. Please see your doctor. This is not the forum for you. Thanks and best wishes.

Yes, I read everything you wrote. Please see your doctor. This is not the forum for you. Thanks and best wishes.

I cannot go to one, because I am currently away and my anxiety is really preventing me from enjoying my holiday. This night was the same, woke up like 4-5 times, always after dreaming, which means during the REM sleep which is a sign of ALS. I did not choke, at least dont think so, but still :(

I second what Kim said.

GregK, I read some posts here and saw you replied to a thread you had some sort of a tumor. Was it ALS related ? Because I have fibroma on my lip (i do bite and lick my lips) for three years so maybe thats when I go the first symptom. Also, what are the chances of me having it at age 18 ? Please read my other post here about the sleep thing, and reply :) I will highly appreciated, cant go to the doctor atm..

UPDATE: I also realized, I have never been really sick, but I do get 2 pretty bad colds each year, it has always been like that though.

UPDATE 2: I also get knee pain from time to time

None of these things are signs of ALS. None Not the fibroma. Not the sleep thing. Your comment in post 11 about being a sign is wrong
The breathing thing for 5-6 years does not sound like ALS. Ask about asthma when you do see a doctor ( no rush)

The chances of an 18 yo having ALS without having FALS ( which you don't have if one of your parents did not die from it young onset FALS is a specific type that starts young in all affected people) are infinitesimal. You are not describing symptoms of ALS anyway no matter what your anxious brain says.

I am closing this thread. Do not start another

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back