Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that you have a multitude of complaints that have nothing to do with ALS, see your family doctor first. You may just get many of your questions answered.

I am also having musculoskeletal pain for 1 month.. which i originally thought was bone pain... but it is actually musculoskeletal pain. It is in my chest muscles, back, arms, and legs.

Quickly, there's not much more the people here can do for you except to repeatedly advise you to go see your doctor to talk about your symptoms. Continuing to post and search here does nothing more than feed your very specific worry about ALS and does nothing at all to help you track down the real cause of your symptoms.

Please come back and let us know how things went after you have visited with your doctor. Listing your aches and pains here is not productive.

I am noticing something very worrisome. I notice my right hand is very clumsy and is unable to do thing it used to. I find my right hand has lost dexterity, making errors while texting/ typing. My right hand, the pinky finger is unable to move away if the other fingers are bunched together, however my left hand is easily able to do this. I shown this in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUKWNnU41j4

As you can see in the video, in the beginning I show how my right hand is unable to move the pinky away from the other fingers, while my left hand is able to do so with ease. Moreover, I feel my right hand is clumsy and I have no idea why. Mainly the ring and pink finger of my right hand, in my opinion, have movement problems.

Please do honestly let me know, based upon the video above, are my right hand symptoms something to be concerned about.

You have more dexterity than most people.

Did you read what Shiftkicker said? “Please come back and let us know how things went after you have visited with your doctor.”

Why are you still here, Quickly?

Possibly your problems are either ocular or otic, because you're not reading our posts or your simply not listening to the answers.

Your chemicals are fine, your dexterity is fine. Human bodies are not perfect, and they're definitely not symmetric.

I don't know who's been encouraging you, but I do know who's been responding to you here--experts.

Go now. Enjoy a long and happy life.

Quickly, please do not post till after you visit with a doctor. Continuing to post here is not productive and will not net you any further information from the people here.

I am leaving this thread open ONLY for you to report back after your doctor's visit. Any further posting that does not fit that criteria will result in thread closure.

That's a pretty standard spasm that probably every adult on Earth has experienced. It happens. It's amusing. Maybe it has something to do with nutrition, but I don't know. When it happens to me, I've never cared. Sometimes it hurts. Rub dirt in it and walk it off.

Don't post anything, as Shiftkicker has said, until your family primary care medical doctor has given you some guidance.

A) You don't have ALS.
B) You're taking our time away from people who are actually dying.
C) I have some sympathy for you--you're a nervous wreck. But we don't specialize in fixing that. Go elsewhere to fix that.
D) Every minute you are here is a minute you waste, when you could be elsewhere actually fixing your problem.

Update:
I saw a family doctor today. He has referred me to a neurology clinic.

I discussed with the doctor my symptoms and concerns. He asked if I had trouble swallowing, or speaking. I told him no. I told the doctor about my twitches in my legs, and my shaking hand fingers. The doctor also, I believe, checked my knees for hyperreflexia; my general walk; and my blood pressure. All were good I think.

I intend on getting a better diagnoses at the neurology clinic, but I am unsure when that appointment will come, usually it takes a while here. I am really concerned abut the muscle cramps in my body (occurring in my calves, thighs, arms, shoulder, etc), and the twitching in my hands (particularly my right), I am frequently making typos while typing/texting, and missing notes while playing the piano. The ring finger, and the pinky finger in my right hand are frequently, but very slightly, trembling side-to-side when I hold my palm up. My pink shakes violently ever- time I tilt my hand at a angle, as shown in the video below, this happens almost every-time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsDEo2cInRw

A quick self test (from my research) of the interossei hand muscles, I notice both my pinkies, but especially my right pink is weak. It can easily be pushed in (4 fingers are spread upon), and it is not resisting to force. Other members in my family have stronger pinkies. I also notice this when holding my smartphone, my right pinky feel sore fast. And raising any leg up (standing on 1 leg), the leg that is up starts burning and feeling sore pretty fast.

Ok I am utterly terrified. As of yesterday I read about ALS symptoms that neck muscle weaken, and I notice it feels difficult to hold my own head up. Well... I promise I am feeling my upper neck muscles (semispinalis capitis, on the back of the neck) feel sore. They feel aching and sore, and I have a headache at the back of my head. I am not sure if this aching was too subtle to notice before, but I only am aware of it from yesterday. The soreness continues even if I lay my head down on the bed, or if I give my head support with my hands. The exact muscles that feel sore and aching are the semispinalis capitis, I believe these are the muscles responsible for rotating the head backwards. I have literally no idea what is going on, or why I am feeling soreness and pain. The soreness and pain continues even if I drop my head, or give it support, or rest in bed.

Quickly, this is the end, my friend. The end of everything "Quickly" at ALS forums.

You don't have it. You don't know a thing about it. You refuse to believe people who do.

The more you read, the more you're convinced you're dying. Stopping reading. You'll live.

As to your anxiety--you're terrified. Guess what? Our members are, in fact, actually dying. You need to stop asking us to reassure you, especially as you cannot be reassured.

Now here's the deal--no kidding--real deal. Follow your GP's advice. If you don't 100 percent trust that GP, then get another GP. Don't focus on a neurologist, because neurologists only know neurology--they don't know how to use other specialties. A GP, however, is trained and experienced in investigating diseases through standard methods that allow them to attack the problem from the most likely angle, to get the best result as fast as possible. IT COULD BE that maybe this has NOTHING to do with neurology. Only your GP can run this investigation correctly. And like I said, if you're not going to do exactly as the GP says, then get a different GP.

But don't come back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back