Status
Not open for further replies.
My reasoning for the label "Dumbass" comes from the poster's other post in the DIH that was similar. The other post, he rode his bicycle 200 miles, and was told by Doc tor not ALS.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that you had checked out the poster before you replied Casey.

My logic is: if someone as lovely as you thinks the poster is a dumbass, then you must have good reasons and that alone is good enough for me even without an explanation as to why.

I just naturally sympathise with you rather than the dumbass.

Vzant -

The point is that your best friend calls you names. My friends call me names too - be it in jest or to shake me up. I know it comes from a caring place. And it's Ok.:-D

But name-calling to complete strangers is obnoxious. If I was lost in a new city and asked a stranger for directions and was called stupid for just asking- I'd be appalled and still lost. However if I ignored a forthright answer and I asked the same question 3 times from the same stranger, than I would expect a terse reply and deserve to remain lost.

If this is what this forum life line is coming to :confused:- guess I'll opt to sink away quietly.
For me, that's a better option than swimming with sharks.

It's times like this that I miss Trfogey's presence on the forum.
That dude was the godfather of tough love.

I'm neither mean or horrible, I just don't like people asking DIH ALS on a ALS forum after their Doc tor told them point blank they do not have ALS.

I am trying to refrain from cussing or lashing out at people on this forum. I am however extremely hurt by posters who apparently seem to get a kick out of rubbing it in on how they can run for miles, do push ups, etc. My dad used to be in good physical shape and enjoyed walking. He no longer can do this. Are people posting to try to hurt me? Are peope really that callous? I am hurting so right now that I don't even have it left in me to have anger towards these posters. So they can just jab away. I'm already at the end of my rope on what I can take. To the rest of you thanks for your support. You are in my prayers. Kim

Kim, this guy is a troll and we shouldn't give them the time of day. Hurting people is a troll's goal.

As Al would say, "Play nice kiddies or get out of the sandbox".

ms pie got it right....as usual.....this tosser is a wind up merchant.........and hes got the reaction he wanted.....sicko...johnny

I am so sorry that this thread stirred up so much emotion. I am really really sorry. Your time is so valued. The main reason I came to this site is because non of the sites I found provided me clear answers on a timeline. Do people just wake up and have weakness and no usage of an arm, hand foot or speach pattern? How long is the timeline from when you first notice something wierd to non usage? Do people wake up feel preety good and the symptoms progress throughout the day? Do symtomes come and go. Currently, I wake up and feel pretty good. I am able to work out and exercise. By the afternoon, my right calf/foot experience numbness, tigling, pain and mild weakness. I have twitches at bedtime that feel like circulation twitches not complete muscle twitches. I have been told by my Doctor that these are sensory issues that come and go therefore they are not ALS Symptoms. My fears were that these were early signs of ALS and that my body was able to recoup through rest at night and during the day the ALS symtoms were able to get the best of my body. Again I am so sorry.

I think your questions have been answered.

Surely, you could find yourself a more rewarding hobby other than this forum.
Why not take up fundraising for ALS?. Your chums at the gym, would surely chip in for such a great cause.

Kim. Try not to take these posts personally. Some of them are genuine people who are worried. Some of them are just people with not enough going on in their lives. Some just crave attention, and sadly, some are just extracting the urine. Concentrate on yourself and your dad. Ignore this type of post for the time being, you have enough to contend with, without taking on the worries of the world.
As for you jf10, no, people do not wake up feeling pretty good then go for a work out and excercise. Keep in mind that people on this forum are answering your stupid thoughtless questions using their toes or eyes because that is all they are able to move. We are not here to provide people like you with the kicks they need to get through their shallow, selfish, insignificant little days. Go and get the attention you so obviously crave elsewhere. I won't waste any more time on you and neither should anyone else, as I always say " never try to reason with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience". Is that clear enough for you or would you like it engraved on your forehead? Now, go away, and leave my friends alone.

Last edited:
O Girl and Lassie,

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE!

With a STANDING OVATION!

I'm with Aly and the few that supported her stance.

What positive information about ALS has been imparted here? I still have the MSG Allen sent me over a year ago. He said, Patty, just be sure that we give accurate information.' And he further explained why sometimes he seemed to get a tad harsher with those that refused to believe what they had been told.

We're none of you diagnosed with ALS very early still able to do things you'd done before? Rhetorical question. I understand the less than sweet replies with trolls, but this is the DO I HAVE section, not the I KNOW EVERYTHING ALREADY section.

What else is this portion of the forum for?

This poster has like 4 posts. To him, I'll say this.

ALS is insidiously progressive. Weakness comes and stays. With a bad disc, that is more likely to be your issue. When discs are bad, doing the kinds of things you are doing only make things worse.

ALS doesn't cause sensory issues, as it does not affect sensory nerves...so numbness and tingling are not ALS symptoms.

what positive information about ALS did this man listen to?

Last edited:
I think that a poster who starts 2 threads with an identical title is being uncivil to the forum community, and if the poster omits from his second thread post the fact that his doctor has told him he does not have ALS he is being less than honest.

I don't think that it is a coincidence that the second thread is far longer than the first, even allowing for the differences of opinion on how to respond; it comes down to the fact that the poster omitted the vitally important piece of information viz his doctor had told him he does not have ALS.

I am not the best person in the world at spotting trolls, and I know we are not supposed to feed them, so it can be difficult to get the right response. So, for the benefit of the marathon cyclist and step climber: congratulations! Your doctor is right and you do not have ALS...

Thanks for taking the time to explain that you had checked out the poster before you replied Casey.

My logic is: if someone as lovely as you thinks the poster is a dumbass, then you must have good reasons and that alone is good enough for me even without an explanation as to why.

I just naturally sympathise with you rather than the dumbass.

And see I just assumed that the posters first post got eaten in moderation land, and the person thought they'd posted improperly somehow.

I don't see it as unreasonable at all to wonder if early on things are worse with exertion.

Most here know weakness comes and stays, of course. But, I got the feeling the original poster had not seen a doc, just a chiro.

I know there are people that also post here to see if what concerns them even warrants a doctor visit.

For the original poster:

Too many of your symptoms are sensory, and very likely related to your disc issues. I'd see a good ortho or neurosurgeon to make sure the chiro is a safe ave for you, and to see what exercises are safe for you to do without risking further nerve injury, if there is in fact already nerve injury.

Good luck to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back