Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
wa
City
Tacoma
Do any of you get Dizzy, or motion sick now? I seem to have a problem if I'm in a crowd of people or riding in a car or flying in a plane. It just seems my body cant compensate for the motion any more I never had a problem with any of this before.

Hi I have always had motion sickness but now I have short periods of lightheadedness and dizzziness. These episodes can occur at any time and have nothing to do with traveling. It seems to come and go. They last for just a couple of minutes.

Are you taking any meds now that you werent before. I get some lightheadedness that seems to be more relative to rilutek or nudexta than ALS. But as many point out, we are no two alike.

I do get a little more dizzy now but I also know that my tizanidine lowers my blood pressure. Good luck

Anyone that is experiencing new unexplained dizziness should see their doc, or at least call. Can be a bad plan to assume its ALS related.

i have talked to my dr he thinks its a balance thing, I only get it in cars and crowds of people and so on. Not just sitting on the couch.

Please be careful! Falls and PALS are NOT a good mix.

Bulbar weakness can affect the small muscles in the inner ear and those involved in eustation tube function. I can't tolerate flying at all. Also breathing insufficiency could cause dizziness and light headedness. Not sure if either of those things are factors for you, but maybe something to consider. I also agree it may have nothing to do with neuromuscular problems and definitely warrants a trip to the doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back