Discomfort at late stage - magic solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomswife

Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Livingston
My PALS Tom is either comfortable or uncomfortable. His discomfort is sometimes easy to solve with repositioning and pillows.
But my current frustration is the elusive element that causes his minor but pestering discomfort.
Are you in pain? No. Are you very uncomfortable? No. What is it? Another pass through the abcs there is something about the diaper he is sitting on that bothers him - now. But did not bother him a few hours ago.
I dont want to put him in the hoyer for a minor problem.
I have also noticed he is slipping into an existence of discomfort that is difficult to resolve. Twenty questions, mamy pillows, body shifts.
Last night went on for almost an hour. Then i realized he did not want me to leave him with the aide. I assured him I could hear him on the monitor.

Tired, frustrated and I am sure he is also.

Kathy, how is Tom's discomfort?

Kathy, you and Tom are in my thoughts. You are amazing to be going on as little sleep as you are getting.
I hope Tom is more comfortable today and throughout the evening/night.

He has been sleeping better at night. Less elusive discomfort. I have been giving him chamomile tea at night at it helps him sleep.
Our living room sofa is comfortable. Thats where i sleep now.
We no longer have night aides.

Maybe it is for the best. I hope you get enough sleep. Tom might rest better knowing you are beside him. This might/must bring him comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back