Disability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nishant,

So your LTD plan could be better than mine (or not ) depending on how gradually you were to taper off working, or stopped working abruptly, which would be what you would have to do to get the best benefit from your policy....and this is without adding the SSD into the picture that is. I'm guessing that one way would to be to stop work all at once to get your best shot at the LTD, and then wait a while before applying for the SSD? I remember someone on here, I think it was Kelly, who said that the LTD was so wonderful, but then after her husband started receiving his SSD benefits that they had to repay much of what the LTD had paid out.

The links that Georgia provided are very helpful.

The part where it says: If, after considering the items above, your earnings average more than the allowable monthly amount for a given year, we will usually determine that you are doing SGA, and your application will be denied. Must be how they feel they have the grounds to deny Brenda (and others, just using her as an example) . However, it also does have the word "usually" in there, rather than always.

And, again, I remember that Patty (hopingforthebest) posted when George got his approval, and although they had a battle , George won his award, and it was within the first six months from when he applied. (I think they too involved their congressman and that was what got the results) I remembered that he did not have a STD through his employer, so possibly that helped. He also did not continue working his regular schedule, so even though he filed right after he'd gone from working full time, during the review process with the SSA, he was no longer working at all.

Looking back, I guess I did not pay any attention to this part as I was not working, and had continued to work less and less leading up to it.

Brenda dear,

I hope loading up those shelves and getting organized is everything you'd hoped it could be :wink:.... I've got this walk-in closet/pantry that is getting so bad, any other time in my life something would have to be done about it, but as I know a move is in my future, I just sigh and toss whatever needs to go in there to a spot where its not likely to cause an avalanche, and close the door again.

thanks rose dear,
The closet is going to be pretty cool, I think:p

Now that we've painted it and put 4 shelves in the back of it, I'm unloading all of my kitchen cabinets, searching for all those small appliances, that I never use, to put on the new shelves. I guess it's a good chance to throw more crap out? And believe me, it was full.

It's a small closet that has about a foot high raised floor, since the basement steps are below it. So if we can just avoid throwing all of the toilet paper, paper towels, extra light bulbs, extension cords, junk, junk, junk, in there, I'll be thrilled!

Had to get on here for a minute to rest my back, have to conserve a little energy to work on my taxes later!
Happy weekend to all,
hugs,
-b

p.s. By the way, the paint and shelves were already paid for, so that's another plus!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back