Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
YouTube - ABC's of ALS Part 1 Part 1 of a very informative You Tube series by Dallas Forshew, the director of research at the Forbes Norris ALS Center in San Fran

Re: Look

Thank you! That was very interesting. Don't you wish the ALS Clinic would send a dvd with this stuff home with you? Sure would answer a lot of questions and give a person and their family perspective.

Watch all 3 parts! This explains benefits of BiPap, discussion of UMN and LMN sypmtoms and a lot more.

Last edited:

There is a lot of interesting information, well presented, worth it even for PLSers although it deals more with ALS. Thanks!

Probably one of the best explanations I have ever seen. Thank you so so much..

Bumping this up in case you missed it. My PALS usually does not like watching anything ALS related, but we watched the whole thing together. (There are 3 parts, see the upper right hand corner)The only thing he didn't agree with was the part where Dallas said it was comforting to know that 90% of PALS will pass in there sleep. He did not find this comforting at all. Curious on how other feel about that subject.

That statistic (90A% die in their sleep) is about the only thing that keeps my husband hanging on!

Very good videos, Lori. She is a good teacher! I'm all for dying in my sleep, which she says is so gentle. I vote for that one!

I watched all 3 videos and while I found them beneficial I think they will be even more beneficial for my wife and parents. I believe educating your loved one's is important. Thanks for sharing Sadiemae

Thanks Sadiemae,
Dallas is smart and caring,I'm lucky to have her as my research nurse in SF,
but I did not know about the video series-grateful you shared this info.
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back