AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

Director of research at the Forbes Norris ALS Center - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadiemae

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
YouTube - ABC's of ALS Part 1 Part 1 of a very informative You Tube series by Dallas Forshew, the director of research at the Forbes Norris ALS Center in San Fran

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Re: Look

Thank you! That was very interesting. Don't you wish the ALS Clinic would send a dvd with this stuff home with you? Sure would answer a lot of questions and give a person and their family perspective.

sadiemae

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV

Watch all 3 parts! This explains benefits of BiPap, discussion of UMN and LMN sypmtoms and a lot more.

Last edited:

Tokahfang

Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
VA

There is a lot of interesting information, well presented, worth it even for PLSers although it deals more with ALS. Thanks!

hopingforcure

Very helpful member
Diagnosis
09/2007
Country
US
State
USA

Probably one of the best explanations I have ever seen. Thank you so so much..

sadiemae

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV

Bumping this up in case you missed it. My PALS usually does not like watching anything ALS related, but we watched the whole thing together. (There are 3 parts, see the upper right hand corner)The only thing he didn't agree with was the part where Dallas said it was comforting to know that 90% of PALS will pass in there sleep. He did not find this comforting at all. Curious on how other feel about that subject.

Miss

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
In the Land of Cotton

That statistic (90A% die in their sleep) is about the only thing that keeps my husband hanging on!

abbas child

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
Maryland
Very good videos, Lori. She is a good teacher! I'm all for dying in my sleep, which she says is so gentle. I vote for that one!

TedH5

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
GA
I watched all 3 videos and while I found them beneficial I think they will be even more beneficial for my wife and parents. I believe educating your loved one's is important. Thanks for sharing Sadiemae

Pat Paine

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
03/2010
Country
US
State
California
Thanks Sadiemae,
Dallas is smart and caring,I'm lucky to have her as my research nurse in SF,
but I did not know about the video series-grateful you shared this info.
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock