Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
GA
City
ATL
1.symptoms started when I would make a fist and clinch I would feel a pain shooting up my forearm into the joint in my elbow on both arms
2.went to emergency room , and got some bloodwork total ck was up by about 60 over the normal range.
3.after that I start having twitching in my shoulder ... did a ct scan and had degenerative disc in my neck.
4. after that I started having twitching in different spots ... some in my leg , some in my buttock , some in my thigh , and some in stomach ... they are at rest in different spots but majority in my left shoulder ...
5. I stopped working out for like 2-3 months prior to symptoms ...

None of this has anything to do with ALS. You will have read that generalized twitches argue against it, and you know that disc disease can cause problems with the area of the body that connect to the damaged disc(s).

Ask whoever ordered the CT scan about ordering physical therapy if you have continued pain.

Best,
Laurie

High total CK means muscle wasting ... I was just concerned with that , plus today my thumb felt a little weak when I woke up early this
morning .. I can still do things with it but it seems to be weaker than before and weaker than my left thumb ...

Mildly elevated CK does not equate to "muscle wasting." That is like saying mildly low vitamin D means your bones are liquifying. From the NIH:

Other conditions that can cause higher than normal CK levels [besides inflammation and muscle problems, which btw can include many mild disorders, some genetic] include:
Thumbs are very vulnerable to overuse and being tweaked. Try not to text for a while:)

A High CK absolutely does not equate to muscle wasting; disuse equates to muscle wasting. When a muscle is not used, it atrophies. From what you have written, everything points away from ALS and that's great news. Please follow up with your doc should your concerns not be alleviated.

Best of luck to you and please stay safe.

Quick question because I can’t find a way to message you on here ... Can straining you back cause you to develop ALS ?

Your questions are best asked within this thread, as you just have here, as profile messaging PALS/CALS directly is not allowed for those not diagnosed.

thank you , my question was can a lot of strain on your back cause als ?

not trying to be a bother... just very concerned ... does als cause widespread fasiculations (more than one limb at a time ?) also does this appear to be muscle wasting or any type of atrophy in the hands ? i’ve been having some joint pain in the elbows(both) and the knees(both) ... knuckles also and feels if certain fingers are weaker...

Attachments

• 10A0AA09-1BE7-4C4D-80B2-F335C8173950.jpeg
    10A0AA09-1BE7-4C4D-80B2-F335C8173950.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 140
  • 72EC2AE2-57D3-4D32-9D21-C8C1350655BB.jpeg
    72EC2AE2-57D3-4D32-9D21-C8C1350655BB.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 133
  • EB8AF02F-0528-4493-ADB2-7A6580B676A8.jpeg
    EB8AF02F-0528-4493-ADB2-7A6580B676A8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
  • 9B3153E7-BBC8-4998-A1B7-09E4880EEBB3.jpeg
    9B3153E7-BBC8-4998-A1B7-09E4880EEBB3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 135
No/No. Again, I would seek a PT evaluation if your pain prevents you from performing normal activities but no one here will be concerned about ALS.

i’ve been searching the web and can’t seem to find a definite answer ... does fasiculations come before or after atrophy ? had a spinal mri done today , during the mri I felt like a vibration or something similar in my right hand ... I also feel weak after ... is this normal ?

Fascics are not necessarily a part of ALS bodywide the way that atrophy is.

The key point is that by the time you have clinical atrophy (noted by a clinician), you typically have a loss of function because of the dead nerves that can no longer move the muscle, which is why it shrinks.

ALS does not cause "vibration," and an MRI shouldn't cause weakness, except that it's a stressful test with the noise and so you might feel wrung out.

have you heard of any complications or any story at all of a pinched nerve turning into als ?

RD42, ALS does not work that way. Please have a read through the "Read Before" again. Along with a whole bunch of info about ALS and mimics, it outlines why this particular subforum exists. While the folk here are sympathetic to your overwhelming fears of ALS, it's really important to understand that it's clear to members here that you don't have ALS, and you've been asked multiple times to seek medical attention or care elsewhere because nothing you report related to ALS. Remaining here to engage will only feed your anxiety about this disease that you do not have.

Please, no more posting. I am closing this thread. You have been sent anxiety resources- please use those or speak with you doctor. You have been given great advice above as well- if you reread this thread, you have much to work on and follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back