Diagnosis
04/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Worcester
Over 2 years into this disease, and one of my husband’s big problems has been abdominal cramping, bloating, diarrhea, constipation- you name it. Hospice has recommended everything you can name. Not much helped. Each day in mid-afternoon, he would get abdominal cramps and just feel awful. He said it was worst time for him. In a “try anything “ moment, they said let’s try baclofen (muscle relaxer). Yahoo! It helped on first day. His afternoons are much better. We still do 1-2 senna at bedtime and balance what he eats. But the hard abdomen and bad feeling are way better. Just sharing for those in need.

Does it help alleviate the bloated feeling? We are struggling with that too and using gasX but it’s not really effective

My gastro said he prescribes it all the time. I can't tolerate it or I'd be on it.

Yes it does help with bloating. Gas x and mylanta did nothing. Now he takes Baclofen once in mid afternoon and he takes 2 tums after every meal. This regimen doesn’t eliminate gas, but it really helps him overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back