Ender

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
EU
Hi everyone, I hope you can help me.

I have very strange symptoms since the beginning of the year. It started out with tingling and partial numbness in my fingers. At the same time, I started to feel my left knee. It wasnt pain, it wasnt weakness. It just felt a bit swollen, but it wasnt. A bit later it started on the right knee as well as sensations on my legs (warm/cold, or maybe they were already fasciculations? I cant say). I went to the doctor, made an x-ray of the knees and made an mrt of the head and the lumbar spine (both clean), made an NCV and an EMG of both legs and both were clean. The NCV of the Hands was also clean. The symptoms of my hands disappeared over time, but the ones in my legs stayed. Also I have a slight

Three weeks ago, I noticed a fasciculation in my right thigh. A day later in my right calf, after that the left calf, stomach, back, arms, shoulder, sometimes the neck and chin. but mainly (95%) in my legs. When I take longer walks (5 miles), I feel some kind of muscular pain and my knees. The legs feel sore sometimes. Doc made another EMG but only from my right leg and said it was clean, as well as the physical examination. But I still dont understand the leg pain.

I tried to move on with this whole thing, but then I felt a globe feeling in my throat. No swallowing issues whatsoever (but a feeling of sore throat) and my lip started to feel strange, as well as a tingling/slight burning on my tongue (but no fasciculations). Thyroid exam and ultrasound was made also I made a Swallowing x-rays, both were clean.

All this happened in the last 3 months. My life has been a rollercoaster ride since then and I really hope someone here can give me some explanations.

Im super afraid of bulbar onset and ALS in general and I already made another Neuro appointment at another Doc, but its taking forever and Im seriously not sure what to expect. Are those typical ALS symptoms as you know it?

Thanks in advance and also thanks for the great job you people are doing in this forum!

No, they're not, and you have had two clean EMGs to verify that.

I would work on your health anxiety, which can easily cause you to perceive things like burning tongue/lip strangeness (as can dehydration and allergies) while also staying in touch with an internist to make sure systemic issues are ruled out.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back