Country
US
State
NY
City
new york
Hello everyone, i hope you are well,
My name is Nick and im 24 years old.
From May i had trouble swallowing, i couldnt get the whole saliva down or food, i never thought too much about it, i had fasciculations in my thighs and arms. I had a bicep emg in september whick came out clean.
For the last month swallowing get worse, never chocked on anything just couple of times had the sensation, i can drink a glass of water quite fast but in the last sip something is stuck in in my palete, just a tiny part of my swallow stays up, feels like a plegm sometimes, i have not slurred speach, i think i mispronounce some works during the day 2-3 times when i ask my parents if i have slurred speach they laugh, although i feel that when i speak my tongue touches more on the right side of my mouth, tongue movement is normal, somethimes when i chew my jaw and tongue feels fatigue. my doctor says is just a tick about my swallowing isssues i dont think so.
I would really appreciate your opinion.
its been nine moths and swallowing has the same problems.
Can be initial boulbar symptoms?

Thank you for your time,

wish you all the best.

I don't see any reason to be concerned about ALS. And if other people don't notice changes in your speech, I wouldn't worry that there are any.

Strategies to consider include treating any allergies, dry mouth or GERD, all of which can lead to feelings of dryness, phlegm and noticing your tongue more, while working on your sleep, stress, diet and hydration.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you very much for your reply, it really means a lot, I forgot to add constant clear throating like 10 to 20 times a day, my family says it's all caused by my health anxiety. So to sum it up because I don't want to waste your time, you really believe that is not something to worry about being the initial symptoms of the disease?
Thank you.

That is correct. I do not believe that it's something to worry about. Anxiety dries out your mouth and throat, which would make you more likely to feel that you needed to clear it.

Hello again, I hope you are we'll,
I finally went to ent who examined my tongue , vocal cords etc. for about five minutes and all looked good to him, I think if something was wrong he would refer me to to neuro, but for a week or two when I chew my jaw gets fatigue and the base of my tongue gets tired as well and when I push my tongue outside it tremors.
Is this signs of progression in your opinion? Thank you in advance 🌹

closed for multi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back