Not open for further replies.

ConcernedBond

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi All, apologies for a brew thread. But my old one was closed. As I wrote before I started twitching back in April.

I was completely over it as the twitching came with no strength loss etc.

However I currently notice that my left toes feel a lot weaker than my right toes. I can lift them and go on my heels etc, but if I push back against them they feel far less able to resist than my right. I also cannot wiggle them etc with anywhere near the speed or dexterity as my right toes and get quite a lot of twitching in my left arch.

I wonder if this differential weakness is normal. Does it sound like it could be early strength loss or toe drop etc?

I had a phone appointment with a neuro, of course he could not assess anything there. I am on the waitlist for an EMG but that is apparently a long wait.

Appreciate any insight.

The neuro couldn’t tell anything over the phone. We certainly can’t over the internet. Do stop testing yourself. It is incredibly tempting I know but it feeds your worry, can become excessive and can even lead to injury. Have your gp take a look

While you are waiting for the neuro appointment, and if your GP agrees, it might be worthwhile to consult a podiatrist. It is not unusual for one foot to be quite different from the other in terms of flexibility and strength, and for many reasons.

Best,
Laurie

You can't test yourself. The best insight we can give is to physically see a doctor. Until then, do all you can to promote physical and mental health in your life as that is something you can control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back