"Different" Christmas Presents

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMPTY beer cans?

The wax thing: That's what I'm talking about Glen! But, the sad thing is she would not get it! LOL She's dad! (dumb as dirt!) She would use it, or re-gift it to her daughter (maybe both)!

No CJ , they were full.

It took a lot of thought on his part to get that gift.
Especially when he knew I was brewing my own.

Oh Oh OH ... even better - get everyone that she might re-gift to, in on the deal. They can all send her the wax. Yeah ... she might even ask why she got thirteen cans of wax ...

Of course , you need to send a card too. "Thinking of you and your snot catcher.."

CJ, the monkies are ready to fly to florida-send GPS!

Rosella, the curling iron is hysterical! I am still rotflmao! Web's oldest adult son and his wife USE to do this- [remember that Matthew is his 1/2 brother and little] A package would arrive addressed to Web only. A big package. Inside it would be many WRAPPED presents for Web. Matthew's present would always be a unwrapped little put together glider airplane from the dollar store and mine would be a unscented votive candle and a bath scrubbie from the dollar store! This was after I had spent months picking out gifts for them, paying for them, wrapping them and mailing them. I put up with this for 3 years-every year it was the same EXACT gifts to us. I mean WTH is up with that? Matthew was 5, 6 and 7 at the time and was just crushed by it all. The 4th year when the box came, I opened it and sure enough-same exact situation and really nice wrapped gifts for Web. I told Web that either he phone this son and tell him how RUDE this was or I would send back the box with a letter telling them what I thought about their behavior. He phoned and told them that I WAS UPSET with the "gifts" [isn't that funny!] and that they should stop sending them. Web didn't earn any brownie points with me over that one...I promptly returned the box with a letter and said that they probably had more need of it than we did. I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT THEM ANOTHER GIFT OR MAILED THEM ANYTHING since that time. We have never gotten the rude box since then. There are some very wonderful and generous souls and then there are some just mean and spiteful ones! It is the mean ones that makes us soul appreciate the heartful generosity of the people that have no reason to give and do and do it soooo well!

Kay Marie, I can't imagine what goes on in a grown man's brain that he could hurt the feelings of a little child in that way. There is no excuse for that ever! Poor Matthew! So did no one ever tell Web's adult son how he upset Matthew with the RUDE BOX every year? I feel that he should have been held accountable for that but at the same time, I guess it probably wouldn't have done much good in the end. Perhaps only enforce his spite? The injustice of it irks me.

Rosella, do you know how very much I treasure the brilliant light of YOU?! I DO! :] Honestly, my frustration was never really with this adult child of my husband. He can not help who he is and he truly has no power over Matthew and I. My anger is really with his Father, my husband and the Daddy to Matthew. Web is the one that should have stood up for us and stopped the emotional abuse of us-that is what it is to me. This adult son has no reason to behave nicely and no consequences for his rude behavior. Web will NOT confront them with their rude behavior. If it was just me it wouldn't matter. I hate it when my child has a broken heart. :[ He just can not understand or accept his brothers total disregard for him. I suppose on some level he is really sad and angry that his Dad chooses to not stand up for him and defend him too...I tell Mattie that this is NOT ABOUT HIM, it has nothing to do with him-it is about them and their insecurities, their anger and their lack of love and compassion. Someday it will make sense to him and not feel so hurtful. I am waiting for that day and we will celebrate it! At least that stinkin box doesn't arrive anymore to our house! lol

Kay Maire -

You made my day, as i feel you know exactly what we experience here at our house! Our husbands are too kind in their hearts (and I know they hurt inside when things like these happen). They just can't bring themselves to confront their "own."

On a side note: my SIL lives in a mansion that looks like it came straight out of Gone with the Wind, but modernized and with bigger columns. she can't afford to buy the new car she wants. LOL My husband offered to cosign for her and this was during the same conversation after she had insulted him for our "lack of funds" to help out a family member. LOL LMAO She was speechless for about a half hour and that's a record on her part! He does get her back in his own way, but rarely. And now that his speech is going, that is very difficult.

Last edited:
LOVE Glen and Mare's suggestions! I hope I remember these when the situation comes up again...and we KNOW it will, since grace and generosity ooze off these creatures!

Kay Marie & CJ,

Our husbands all sound very similar! My husband also avoids conflict and chooses to ignore the unkind and hurtful behavior of family who SHOULD know better! When it comes to our kids, though, Kay Marie, the momma lion can and should come out. Call that good for nothing adult "brother" on his behavior! You have the right to protect your son from as much as possible, and let the "adult" know that he can NOT be in your home and be hurtful, unkind or rude!

Our husbands choose the relationships for themselves, and we have to respect and support that, but abuse...should never be tolerated, no matter what. I've had to sever communication with my own father because of verbal abuse, and as much as it breaks my heart, I have to protect not only myself, but my children.

Hang in there ladies! Keep the momma lion roaring!

ROOAARRING! Claws are out! Monkeys are smoking and ready to fly ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back