Very helpful member
Country
US
State
michigan
City
oakland twp
Hey all,

For those of you that have followed any of my postings, or ramblings I should say, I wanted to tell you what I did last night. (dont have diagnosed for anyone doesnt know me)

It is not a big deal to some but I was able to cook dinner and hold Grace! NOt for long or the whole time. WHen my first son Jack was born (almost 7 yrs ago) I would cook an entire dinner and hold him while doing! (after the chopping and prep was done) I just love holding my babies and cooking...I dont know why? it is strange.

ANYWAY, I made rice and veggies last night and held Grace the whole time! I was sooo HAPPY, and mind you she is a chunky 10 month old, infact she is huge! I could not stop smiling and called my hubby to tell him. I had to switch arms off and on, but this was huge for me! Alot of people say, dont hold her as much and your arms wont be sore. Well, that is not an option for me, I want to hold her as much as I can, with this mystery illness, I dont how long I can.

I am just living in this moment! I want to point out that there are alot of things that are worse for me, like my legs and feet that hurt after anytime walking. BUT I am focusing on this right know, cooking and holding baby and I even had a glass of wine too. I did not break the glass either! I have broke 2 glasses and a beer bottle becasue I put things down so hard latley. It is strange and I dont know why, even my sister's said that i have been using my fork really loudly? ever hear of this with MND? ok,ok,ok...pull it in, I said that I was only going to post something happy that I did and I am already asking questions.....

anyway, just thought I would share.

Peace,

april

hi april

thankyou for sharing,you are clearly devoted to your family.
it is good to hear you staying so positive despite not having a diagnosed,i suspect your family help you in a big way to keep going.
i adore rice and vegies,i do a rice with peas,sweatcorn and red/green peppers with a sprinkling of mixed herbs. we have it with chicken..
i love cooking and baking,though the baking is not ofton now only on a rare energetic day.
i do believe in a diet of fresh food cooked from scratch,no processed muck.
if i get a day i cannot cook we have a cold meal of meat/fish with salad.
i do have a perching stool from disability services so i can sit while doing things like cooking,but a bar stool may be ok to use.
you could sit at the cooker with baby on your knee while stiring ect.
take good care.
caroline:-D

April,

That's wonderful! I know how awful it feels to not be able to do all the things for the kids that you once did or that you just plain want to do. I'm happy that you had such a great night.

I'm back on my feet from spinal headache and waiting for spinal lab work results. Still hoping that the West Nile has something to do w/ my symptoms.

Here's hoping today is as great as yesterday for you.

My thoughts and prayers...

Tracy

April,
Good for you! Take a little rest now and then, but enjoy every minute of those kids-you will never regret it!
Have a great week-I have tons of company coming in on Friday!
Pray with me!
Hugs,
brenda

April,

That's great. I love those times when it all comes together. Those little tykes can be heavy, so that's great that you were able to multi-task. I picked up my "petite" ballerina the other day and was surprised by how much she's grown.

I think that setting things down hard may just be attributed to sore muscles. I know even before all this started if I was really sore from lifting or what not I lost a little "coordination," especially those last few inches before setting something down.

Take care,

Robert

April, this was so nice to read! Thanks for sharing it with us. For all of us that have had our little ones grow up, it brings back the best of memories ~ and yeah also the memories of how HEAVY they get, especially when they don't hold on! :smile:

Sweet story, April. Thanks for sharing!

I am so happy for you April....... The things i can do for my children are the things that give me the greatest happiness. I can just picture you know holding your baby, rinsing vegetables and setting the table! Best wishes, Sam

April

Girl, you better watch out your going to become that domestic Goddess your husband didn't marry you for lol. I love holding my kids too. People joke with me that the reason I adopted the 4 little ones was because my big 3 grew up on me. Well, my little ones are 4,6 and 10, do you think with the twins turning 5 this weekend I should adopt a little one again, JUST KIDDING, I am ready to stop. Oh April, pray for me this weekend, EMG tomorrow and my twin boy, Christopher has his surgery and then next week my 25 year old has his and then the nest week my 4 year old girl, Christina has her's . Wow, the joys of motherhood, would not miss a moment of it. You are really strong April and I know how much you love those kids and I read how much you do with them, just wanted to say you are doing a great job.

Last edited:
thank you everyone.
I was posting some more upsetting post, so I wanted a happy one. The arm thing did not last, I was sore and had a hard time carrying her on a field trip with my other son. I put her in the hip hammock and it was still hard but worth it. Just want to enjoy things one day at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back