Did none of you noticed changes in your body before ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyangel

Country
DE
State
Hannover
City
Langenhagen
Did none of you noticed changes in your body before ALS?

Many thanks for your answer.

Firstly, ALS is fast, dangerously fast. That is why it's scary.

Secondly, it is a bad question. It is a bad question because there is no way to know what things people felt were associated with ALS. So it produces no helpful information, and sets our worriers off when something they are coincidentally feeling right now was felt by someone that has ALS now. Or worse, they share some sort of very common medical problem with someone who also went on to develop ALS, and that'll haunt them for months before they realize they still are doing ok.

I'm sure you meant no harm, but trust me on this - this is a bad direction to go.

People are always changing. Nothing never stays the same. What specifically are you talking about?

Looking back at your other posts, I see you questions have been answered. Good luck to you Kitty!

My husband got a big beer belly, even though he does not drink. It was the stomach muscles giving out.

I call it a budha belly...

Of course you notice stuff going on with your body, that's what sends you to the doctor.

In December I found myself simply to tired to finish my sentences. I am bulbar.

I mean for example that the skin feels slightly deaf or something like an exciting feeling all over my body?

Any discomfort in advance?

ALS kills nerves that move stuff, not nerves that feel stuff. It's a completely different part of the nervous system. What you are describing is common in BFS, however.

I had muscle spasms for year before the probable diagnosis. I also noticed is my hands waekend that they felt like they didn't belong to me. I think I have identified that as a change in sensation where muscle has atrophied. What will my right hand 1st weekend ALS wasn't even anywhere in my mind. We relocated the ulnar nerve hand got a little better than the hand that a little worse. But remember this is not a sensory system disease. Tingling and things like that not associated with ALS.

mean with me, everything feels a bit differently, eg when I touch my skin it feels all over her body differently. Also, I'm not as sensitive to pain. I'm in the throat when brushing teeth not as sensitive as before.

Silly example, but it is different from sex.

My stomach feels different.

It is very hard to describe. I thought that maybe someone would have noticed in retrospect even before the outbreak, and diagnostics to be?

At what point is a EMG to something? Do I have weakness?

i had foot drop

My husband complained that the muscles in his legs felt really tight before he got "right" drop foot, but who really knows for sure?
Jennifer

angel, your issues are sensory. At least ten people have tried to tell you that ALS does not cause the issues you are having, dear. You just do not believe us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back