Status
Not open for further replies.
dicks passing

trustinggod said:
Dear Phyl,

My heart hurts for you. I am so terribly sorry that you have lost your beloved husband.
I will be praying for you this week and I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that Dick's fight with ALS is finally over.

We are all here for you. Please take care.
Jeanne

Thank you for sharing with us. God bless. EM

hboyajian said:
Dear Irma, You are are so kind, thoughtful, and loving in your responses to everyone here. You must be the most caring mother anyone ever had! I can totally understand being close to your son touching and talking with those living plants, caressing anything of his that was important to him in life, and sleeping where he was. May that bring you some comfort. I can only imagine the depth of grief a mother feels at the loss of her child. I looked in on mine in the middle of the night to watch him breathe, and I was thinking of you.

My dad was my mentor as a parent and a teacher, and simply as a human being, with both his gifts and his failings. He was 84, so not so many years perhaps were taken from him by this illness, though the last 4 were physically hard, the last 2 being especially tough for him. It was only 3 months from the time ALS was mentioned as a probability, and 2 months from the time of final diagnosis that he died. I stayed with my mother for 2 weeks after, and slept in my father's spot because she didn't want to be alone. They were together for 3 days shy of 51 years. Then my sister (who knits) made her a teddy bear that is stuffed with his old undershirts. He never threw anything away, so there were plenty of them.

I miss my father especially right now because my teenage son is having a hard time coping with High School and life. My dad told me to remember to praise him, and to not forget how much I love him even at the most difficult and trying of times.
Sincerely, Holly

Hi Holly!

Thanks for your sweet reply. May your wonderful father rest in peace. I am so sorry I am just now replying, but sometimes i get to do something else, and I'd be gone for a while. I keep myself pretty busy around the house.

May God bless you, your wonderful mom,and son.

Irma

sherry0459 said:
Irma and Phyl, My prayers are with you in this time. I, as a pals do not go a day without thinking of how this effects my family. The most precious are the moments I spend with them now. In a strange way those times are Gods gifts to me and them. I have the chance to make memories that persons who die suddenly do not. I am sure that is not a lot of help at this time but please for your loved ones memory, continue to remember the good days that it sounds like you had. Live your life fully like they would want you too. GOD HEARS OUR PRAYERS IN THE DARK TIMES, HE IS MERCIFUL AND WANTS TO COMFORT US. I am praying for you both and your families. Sherry

Sherry, I will be praying for you, sweetie! How long have you had als? Take care of yourself, and God bless!

Irma

loss

Sorry to hear about your Loss. Please remember the good times you shared together when times are rough. Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back