Status
Not open for further replies.
Phyl, I am so deeply sorry for your loss, I can only imagine what deep shock you must be in. Words cannot express my deepest sympathy. You remain in my prayers. Rest in peace, Dick. Sharon

Phyl,

I am so sorry to hear the news about Dick. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

John

Dear Phyl,

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. He is no longer suffering. You are in my thoughts.

I am so sorry for your loss.
Willow

Phyl, I am so sorry for your loss. May you find a inner peace in all this, it will come
I will keep you in my prayers

Donna

I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my husband...May 20th.

Over these two months, I have come to focus not on what I loss...but rather on the incredible gift that I was given. Some people search their whole lives trying to find what I had - an incredible husband and father who loved me and my kids more than anything.

I miss him terribly, but no one can ever take away the memories of God's gift.

You are in my prayers.

Kathy

hi

So sorry to hear about your husband. God's grace and peace is what keeps me going each day. I will be praying for you. You have tough days ahead, but remember you have the forum to come to and encourage you. We are all in this together and share each others pain.
Susan- gapeach

Condolences to both Phyl and Irma and all the others who have lost loved ones. I will pray for you and your families.

sorry

sorry to her your husband has passed away, When I read you story of assisted suicide it touched so much as it was ahard day for Gary and I, that I wrote I WONDER it was about assisted suicide or the morphine pump which I felt was the same thing.

Any way my deepest sympathy to you and your family, and your husband has won the race, but your sorrow will be around for a while, so my prayers go to you to rest and survive your next hurdle of getting your life back to normal.

God bless and as I said your husband is in a good place now with his pain gone.

hboyajian said:
Dear Phyl and Irma, you are both in my thoughts and prayers tonight as you are grieving for your husband and son. The pain is so great , that it seems sometimes like the world can't hold it all without falling apart. At those times hold on to the immense love you will always have for them. When I learned of your terrible losses, I went out to my dad's tree that he planted with me and just sobbed again. Then, touching the bark, a little peace stole into my heart and I knew he was still with me always. I wish this for you also. Love, Holly

Holly, you are such a sweetheart! May God bless you! May your wonderful father rest in peace, and we all know he is. How old was your dad when he passed, how long did he last after diagnosed? I loved the part about your dad's tree. I bet you feel his presence! Let me tell you about me, after my son's funeral I brought some of the plans and flowers with me, and swore that I'd be taking extra good care of them. Some are out on the porch, and one in my bedroom, I actually talk to them, and make like I am talking to my son, and feel like I am touching and kissing him. It is true you feel a closeness. Another thing, I moved from my bedroom, and started sleeping in the same bedroom where he passed. I cannot, and will not leave that room. I feel like he is there. God bless you sweetheart. We all have so much in common, I am so glad I found this forum, I only wish I had found it much earlier. I'm out sweetie. God bless, and keep talking to your daddy, let him know you will never, ever forget him!

xoxoxo,
Irma

Phyl - I know how hard this has been for you and you weren't ready to let Dick go yet, but I hope you can find peace now that he is not suffering. I am so very sorry that this has happened to you. I will be praying for you.

Reading the posts about mothers is excruciating. I can't imagine a mother having to suffer the loss of a child like this. My heart goes out to all of the mothers and especially to you Irma with the recent loss of your beloved son. ~Leslie

ltr said:
Phyl - I know how hard this has been for you and you weren't ready to let Dick go yet, but I hope you can find peace now that he is not suffering. I am so very sorry that this has happened to you. I will be praying for you.

Reading the posts about mothers is excruciating. I can't imagine a mother having to suffer the loss of a child like this. My heart goes out to all of the mothers and especially to you Irma with the recent loss of your beloved son. ~Leslie

Thank you leslie, and God bless! I'd like to thank all of you good folks. I have read so many kind posts. Thank God for this wonderful forum, and its wonderful people. The only thing that gets me is the sadness that we are experiencing. I am calling it a night. Good night to all of you nice folks, and may God bless each one of you. I will be praying for you all.

xoxoxo,
Irma

Dear Irma, You are are so kind, thoughtful, and loving in your responses to everyone here. You must be the most caring mother anyone ever had! I can totally understand being close to your son touching and talking with those living plants, caressing anything of his that was important to him in life, and sleeping where he was. May that bring you some comfort. I can only imagine the depth of grief a mother feels at the loss of her child. I looked in on mine in the middle of the night to watch him breathe, and I was thinking of you.

My dad was my mentor as a parent and a teacher, and simply as a human being, with both his gifts and his failings. He was 84, so not so many years perhaps were taken from him by this illness, though the last 4 were physically hard, the last 2 being especially tough for him. It was only 3 months from the time ALS was mentioned as a probability, and 2 months from the time of final diagnosis that he died. I stayed with my mother for 2 weeks after, and slept in my father's spot because she didn't want to be alone. They were together for 3 days shy of 51 years. Then my sister (who knits) made her a teddy bear that is stuffed with his old undershirts. He never threw anything away, so there were plenty of them.

I miss my father especially right now because my teenage son is having a hard time coping with High School and life. My dad told me to remember to praise him, and to not forget how much I love him even at the most difficult and trying of times.
Sincerely, Holly

Irma and Phyl, My prayers are with you in this time. I, as a pals do not go a day without thinking of how this effects my family. The most precious are the moments I spend with them now. In a strange way those times are Gods gifts to me and them. I have the chance to make memories that persons who die suddenly do not. I am sure that is not a lot of help at this time but please for your loved ones memory, continue to remember the good days that it sounds like you had. Live your life fully like they would want you too. GOD HEARS OUR PRAYERS IN THE DARK TIMES, HE IS MERCIFUL AND WANTS TO COMFORT US. I am praying for you both and your families. Sherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back