Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Or
City
Bend
As you know Dick passed away on July 15th. I just wanted to share this with you in hopes it may bring some comfort to all of you. On th 13th Dick and I were talking in the bedroom. He had his bi-pap on and we were having a normal conversation when out of no where he said "My Mother and Father are here to take care of me. I know they don't live here but they have come to take care of me". Dick's parents died about 30 years ago. I never met them. I asked him if that comforted him and he said it did. The next night we were talking and he said the little brown stuffed bear on our dresser was flirting with him earlier that day. He said there was a light shining on him out of the bear's eye and kept flirting with him. He also said that comforted him. Dick is not a spiritual peson and this conversation was so out of character for him. We both knew he was going to die soon and there is a peacefulness that came with those conversations. I won't tell tell you it was a peaceful death and that is why I tell all of you to take care not to choke or aspirate. We were fortunate that he was revived long enough to say goodbye to his family and was miraculously able to go off the vent and hold his own long enough to say goodey to his last daughter to arrive. We were all able to hold him all night and tell him how much we loved. He had a beautiful service and I know he is at peace now. Dick was 64 years old and diagnosed less than a year ago.
Thanks so much,
Phyl

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the update Phil. Oh my goodness, I've given so much thought to you and Dick.
This post brought tears to my eyes. THank you for the warning about choking on food.
Dick was ready to go wasn't he.....No big words, only appreciation for thinking about us who are still here and posting this thread.

Spelling of your name.

Please excuse the spelling of your name as Phil and not Phyl. I wasn't focused on the spelling after reading your post.

thanks for sharing Phyl. That does give me some comfort when I think ahead to what may be for my husband.

Phyl- I know so many people who are not spiritual but have similar stories to tell as Dick told you. It brings comfort to me, at least, to know we can have a sense of peace and acceptance about our last journey. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Cindy

Poco said:
As you know Dick passed away on July 15th. I just wanted to share this with you in hopes it may bring some comfort to all of you. On th 13th Dick and I were talking in the bedroom. He had his bi-pap on and we were having a normal conversation when out of no where he said "My Mother and Father are here to take care of me. I know they don't live here but they have come to take care of me". Dick's parents died about 30 years ago. I never met them. I asked him if that comforted him and he said it did. The next night we were talking and he said the little brown stuffed bear on our dresser was flirting with him earlier that day. He said there was a light shining on him out of the bear's eye and kept flirting with him. He also said that comforted him. Dick is not a spiritual peson and this conversation was so out of character for him. We both knew he was going to die soon and there is a peacefulness that came with those conversations. I won't tell tell you it was a peaceful death and that is why I tell all of you to take care not to choke or aspirate. We were fortunate that he was revived long enough to say goodbye to his family and was miraculously able to go off the vent and hold his own long enough to say goodey to his last daughter to arrive. We were all able to hold him all night and tell him how much we loved. He had a beautiful service and I know he is at peace now. Dick was 64 years old and diagnosed less than a year ago.
Thanks so much,
Phyl

Hi Phyl! I just read your post. May god bless each one of you guys. All I can tell you is that Dick is in Heaven. He is experiencing a lot of happiness. Isn't it strange how things change when it's time for them to go? Was Dick able to talk?
I noticed something different about my son Rudy, 38 yrs., that Saturday evening about 7:00 pm. I was fixing to rub his feet, when I noticed they were ice cold from his knees on down. I ran to the phone, and called my other son, and asked him to come home at once. He asked me, "What's wrong, mom?" Then I told him, "Your brother is leaving us, come quick!"

Earlier in the day that Saturday, he called us over to his bed, and asked for his speaking device. He told us, that everything was moving in slow motion. He said it was like watching a movie. Then he told me that my roosters, that I kept on top of my cabinets (fake ones, lol!) they turned into villagers, and they were running home, because it had strted raining. My baby started losing strength so bad, so bad that he could not even use his device anymore, so he passed in silence, only his eyes were moving as if he wanted to say something. Talking about a heart breaking experience. Folks, I am actually crying right now, and must quit. I can't see my letters, they look blurry! All I can say is I want to see my baby. I miss him so! God bless you all! Such a sad experience!

Irma

From my 4 yr. old grandson

CindyM said:
Phyl- I know so many people who are not spiritual but have similar stories to tell as Dick told you. It brings comfort to me, at least, to know we can have a sense of peace and acceptance about our last journey. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Cindy

Cindy, I almost forgot to share this with you guys. My son Rudy passed on a Sunday, June 3, 2007. My house was full of relatives and friends from Saturday evening till Sunday evening when he passed. one of my other son's boys, he is 4 yrs old, was in the bedroom with loved ones, my son's bedroom that is. I was in the kitchen, and my other son Shannon was in the living room talking to relatives, when all of a sudden liitle Mason darts out of my son Rudy's bedroom, and he ran straight to his daddy, and he said, "Daddy, Daddy come quick. Run, come with me! I just saw Jesus, and he is talking to Uncle Rudy. I saw Jesus holding him!" My Shannon's face turned white as a sheet. Right then I knew that my Rudy was in good hands. His passing was quite an experience. I have been sleeping in the same room where he passed, and I am not leaving. I feel such a closeness!

Irma

Thank you so much Phyl and Irma for sharing your stories. It helps take some of the fear out of what to expect...
Beth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back