Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
well for the second time I have gone up to 2 cans of formula for peg, this time nutren 2.0, and had diarrhea. Any suggestions? I have to find something that works soon. I'm taking Imodium to try to stop it. Perhaps soluble fiber?. I can't eat solid food any more.

I've seen mention of "real food" blends such as Liquid Hope, over in the Adult GTube Feeding fb group.

Also there is something called realfoodblends which is different than liquid hope I am pretty sure

Neil has your wife tried putting blended food through the tube?

I know others have said this and the great link to another formula, but lots of people eat a normal diet, just blended to liquid through their peg.

My Pals had diarrhea with PEG --tried 6 different formulas. Finally starting using Very High Calorie Boost(had to get from internet, not in stores) ---dilutes it with water and takes immodium with am feeding. It works for her.

I eat whatever the family is eating. I couldn't get up to a full can of formula. Four ounces made me throw up.

I get 2000 calories a day and plenty of water. Steak, pork chops, roast and chicken blend great. My favorite is steak, sweet potatoes, and green beans. Tea is the liquid. we even butter a roll and blend that. The blend sits well on my stomach.

Things we add to blends are molasses, cinnamon, flaxseed, millet, carnation instant breakfast packet, coconut oil and kefir. I get a serving of each one time per day.

I eat three times a day. I can still swallow coke, ice cream and baby food fruit.

If the blend is too runny my bowels reflect that. I use a blendtec blender. I bought it at beyond and bed. On sale and a cou pon, saved a lot.

My husband makes the blends. We eat supper together. He puts blend in , eats some of his plate, few more tubes, gives me taste of dressing, eats his food, and flushes my tube. All meds go through the tube.

We went to clinic in April.in Dallas. We took remade blends in cooler. Microwave in motel and clinic so easy to warm up. The dietician quizzed us all about how we blend.

Im going to try straight boost plus. Gastro said it has everything needed.

Neil, that is true about Boost Plus. Hubby never had diarrhea but did need to take extra fiber to keep regular.

Have you tried a thin smoothie? Steve likes a small can of pineapple , some oj, a greek yogurt, and half anf half. When I tube it for him, I make it loose and use the straight,, lock mickey tube with the wider diameter. He likes these to drink and to tube with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back