Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
North Dakota
City
Oakes
How long will it bebefore there is a test for ALS? All my blood test and MRI came back normal, but because of the EMG I am in ALS limbo.:?:

There should be a blood test for ALS.

Not to be flip but there should be a cure for ALS. There isn't one. There is a test of spinal fluid that is being developed. If it lives up to its promise it may be available in a few years

It seems like the diagnosis, treatments, cure etc all take a few years before it is available. We need something now. I know it has to be safe before FDA approves it.

I agree 100 percent. Today is Lou Gehrig's birthday. There was no cure then there is no cure now. I think they are finally on track to finding some answers but it takes so long

Is there more information on the spinal fluid test?

Iron horse diagnostics ( Dr Robert Bowser ) is working on it. It is in the future so no help to you unfortunately. If you should be diagnosed please consider participating in a biomarker study. That is the only way we will ever get a diagnostic test or a measure of progression. Early diagnosis and a way to measure objectively if a treatment works will be key to solving this

>I know it has to be safe before FDA approves it.

there goes a decade. :-(

Now when I ask about clinical trials, they say I am not a candidate because my symptoms have been going on too long. If it was not for the long process of diagnosis I may have been in a trial.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back