Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
SGP
State
Singapore
City
Singapore
Hi, i just got my diagnosis this week, am just wondering what should i be expcting in my first visit?

I have deteriorated since i last posted, am having problems typing and legs are extremely stiff. My neuro has given me clonotril for the moment to see if it helps.

thanks for all your help.

Hello connie , sorry to hear of your diagnosis . I do hope you'll stay with us on this forum , there are people who are lovely , and we all support each other, and are united through this disease . x

Connie ... I'm so sorry for the diagnosed. It is really hard to adjust to, at first, especially, but it does get easier psychologically.

Are you referring to your first clinic visit? At my clinic, you sit in an exam room, and a procession of therapists (speech, physical therapist, etc.) visit one by one, then you get a fairly long visit with the neuro. S/He does a routine exam, and then talks with you at length about the disease and what kind of tests and therapies you will be receiving in the future.

Good luck. Do you know when your clinic visit will be?

Hello Connie,
So sorry to hear about your diagnosis but as it has already been said, it does get easier with time to cope and this forum is an excellent supportive community. It has helped my husband and me immensely.
Take each day at a time and try to be as positive as possible. We have learned to treasure each day and be thankful.

Hi Tich, Bethu and Connie, thanks so much for your replies!

My first clinic visit is on the 15th September, they slotted me in as I was getting progressively weaker pretty quickly. They arranged to see me before the clinic opens that day, as the earliest date they originally had was in November. I'm thankful for that as its getting more difficult to do certain tasks and I don't really know how to get around it now. I am thankful for the many support I've received from people through this forum, whom I don't even know in person. It gets easier when I know that I'm not alone! =)

Connie,
Best of luck to you. Kinda the same situation we are in - I am here if you need to "talk"

Hi Connie S,
I'm so sorry about your diagnosis.
I was just diagnosed in August, so I know hoe it feels. People on this forum is very supportive and inspirational.
Take care,Erica

Connie, praying for your strength and sending lots of hugs....i have had my minimeltdowns, then i pick myself up, and get on with living!

take care, jen

Hi Tich, Bethu and Connie, thanks so much for your replies!

My first clinic visit is on the 15th September, they slotted me in as I was getting progressively weaker pretty quickly. They arranged to see me before the clinic opens that day, as the earliest date they originally had was in November. I'm thankful for that as its getting more difficult to do certain tasks and I don't really know how to get around it now. I am thankful for the many support I've received from people through this forum, whom I don't even know in person. It gets easier when I know that I'm not alone! =)

Hello ConnieS,

Sorry to hear your news. I've just been "release" from rehab center post C1 - C4 tumor surgery. I've spend the last 3 month recovering. I'm 90% normal with minor fine motor skill & balance issue.

I've been thru the stage where I need assistance for daily activity, its best to have a caregive around. It is very fustrating that task used to be simple to perform is becoming more and more challanging to complete. Stay positive always.

Hi Shelley, Erica, Jen and Fuso, thanks for your encouragement. I'm just praying for the strength to still smile everyday. I love hugs! Lol...

Fuso: Glad to hear from you finally! Do hope you continue to get better! Since we're like the only singaporeans here, perhaps we could meet or something when you're better!

Sorry to hear of your diagnosed,Lots of hugs.Peace be with you.

Sorry you've been given the diagnosed, connie but at least now you know what you're dealing with (as if there's much consolation in that!).

Zaphoon

How about a big teddy bear hug ? I have lots of those to give out.

Here is one for Connie.

Glen

Thanks Blackpool, Zaphoon and Glen. To me it sort of came as a relief after so long. At least I know I was not going crazy. ITs not exactly something to celebrate, but I'll deal with that monster.

Thank you Glen! I love teddy hugs. *grabs Glen* Thats so sweet of you. :lol:

Hi Connie, I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosed. You're in my prayers.

Take care!
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back