Diagnosed in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will share my experience with Lactulose syrup but everyone is different as we know. It has proven very effective in my case when needed. I have a painful condition predating MND that has had me on high doses of opiates at times requiring its use.

A few keys for me were using recommended dosage, patience, and drinking plenty of water with it which is always a good idea anyway.

Depending on severity of situation, results were from a few hours to sometimes even into next day which is why I mentioned patience as it is likely working behind the scenes. Was tempted in beginning to increase dosage thinking nothing was happening, but it has never let me down when used as directed. I wish the same for you.

I have found it to be the strongest solution in my toolbox so only use when other methods fail. I switch to some of the more natural helpers that have already been mentioned once it does it's job that can be safely relied on daily and staying well hydrated is obviously also helpful.

The GlassOuse, one version looks like it combines Bluetooth head tracking with a bite switch. Whether the price is worth it depends somewhat on how long you will be able to use your head and to bite down. You can also connect ability switches if any muscle works reliably, which could be anything from your cheek to a toe. They also sell a Bluetooth interface for ability switches. They do have a nice design for the head tracker device.

Of course, each of these requires that your device uses probably the latest Bluetooth version and that you are able to keep everything charged up, especially if you use ability switches. An old phone or computer would probably not work as well or at all.

One thing to consider is whether you are most dependent on your computer or phone. I would consider the TetraMouse, which is cheaper, if the answer is your computer.

Last edited:
My friend who passed away from ALS used Glassouse for the last year of his life. He liked it and found it worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back