Diagnosis
11/2022
Country
US
State
CA
City
Walnut Creek
This is my first post. I was diagnosed on 11/23/2022, am here to learn from you - thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Cutie, I moved your post to its own thread so you could be welcomed. Just to be sure -- you were diagnosed at a major neuromuscular center?

We will support you however we can.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Cutie..I am a caregiver and have learned a lot here and received much emotional support. The PALS here are very friendly and full of information. My PALS had back surgery in 2016 and was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in early 2018. In Spring 2019 he went into a wheel chair and finally in Spring 2020 we were told he had ALS. We have done well living each day with the diagnosis and finding something to be joyful about each day.

I too am new to this group but have found a terrific mix of pALS and cALS who are knowledgeable and kind and patient. I like this in some ways much better than the facebook groups because it is easier to get to “know” people here. We each tell our story in our own way, as much or as little as one feels comfortable. It does take a while before the website lets you post very much as there are restrictions initially, I expect because of the huge numbers of people who drop in undiagnosed but with worries. I am amazed at the patience shown by our long time members as they answer questions and reassure people.

Hello Cutie. Me too. DX 11/7/22 at Columbia Presb. Hard to believe but soon you will believe and make yourself deal. They say Stephen Hawkins survived for 50 years with ALS and he did not have the benefit of the new meds that we will get. So I'll make you a deal. You pick yourself up off the floor and look at the positive opportunities that are there for you each day. I am trying to do the same. Good luck

Hello Cutie,
I'm sorry you have to be here but I welcome you. Always feel free to ask questions, vent, do whatever you need.

Hi Cutie, so sorry to meet you here but so be it, there are things we can't control. I have lived with ALS for close to 9 years with very slow progression, I consider myself lucky for that, hope you are the same. I have adopted one saying " always looking forward to tomorrow "
Al

Hi Cutie, Welcome sorry you have to join our little club. I'm sure you'll have lots of questions we're here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back