Diagnosis
10/2020
Country
CA
State
AB
City
Edmonton
I was wondering if anyone knows if the als society helps with a stair lift that is curved it is not straight up and down

we have a number of Canadians here so hopefully someone can answer soon. In the meantime welcome!

Hi Chevy- your best bet is to contact the AB ALS society and ask if they have an assistance program for large medical equipment purchases. There are also provincial programs that provide financial assistance for in home equipment to assist in care. Are you attending the ALS clinic in Edmonton? There should be a social worker attached that can help you navigate and provide a whole variety of resources.

Maybe @Bestfriends14 might have a better idea. I'm in BC, and things may not be the same in AB.

@Chevy3378 the ALS Society in AB is fantastic. Do you have a case worker yet? Ours is terrific and is always very fast in getting us what we need. They will provide a lift, if they are available, but one typically pays for the installation. I honestly don't know how they do it with providing all the equipment that they provide, but myself and my husband are grateful everyday for their services. I'll give Shiftkicker my phone number to give to you if you would like to reach out to chat further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back