Status
Not open for further replies.
Great advice Syekick!

One thing i have to mention tho - there may be some like me where the hands are flat pancakes! Fat utensils don't work, so the ot at the clinic gave me a velcro band that wraps around my hand. The fork / spoon handle is inserted into a sleeve on the band. It allows me to still feed myself, even with hands that don't grasp.

thank you, great list! Thanks for taking the time to post. I hope that David will make this a "sticky" .

On facebook, living with als pals only, some are using small visa-grips to pick things up. To increase the adjustment ability take a small piece of quick steel apoxy and form it around the adjustment knob. Also use on dog leash it increase size, carefull not to get any inside the snap

Thank you for the list. Can you tell me where I can purchase the blanket support? My sister was diagnosed three years ago and it doesn't seem like her doctor is very helpful about giving any helpful suggestions. Will be reading the forums for additional information.

Best regards,

Lina

I got my blanket support and the coolest lap desk that holds my magazines and my books and then folds up. Sits in my recliner. I got both of these from a website called The Wright Stuff. I didn't realize how much trouble I was have turning in bed until I got the blanket support installed. Overnight my sleeping got better. In terms of practical advice, tricks and tips, doctors are the wrong source. We're here to help, but occupational therapists and physical therapists are going to be your best sources. I got a large plastic ball for my occupational therapist that let me write for probably 2 more years than I could've otherwise. By the way, your sister is darn lucky to have you. Let us know if you need any more help.
Holly

Thanks for all the wonderful information....I'm going to print these pages out for future reference. Take care,

Ruth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back