Other
Country
ca
State
on
City
toronto
Hi
My hubby 36 old having twiches start on September.November feel weak in one side and can not hold small things.December 10 neuro visit and normal EMG in the weak foot and arm.DX with BFS.Starting xmas can't sleep can't go to work atrophy of one side face and neck dedected by family doctor.So last week went and see the neuro.He did the examintion and no hyper reflex and dismiss ALS upfront?.His saying was :In one month you should have some progression ?.Is that true ?He did not consider the atrophy and thinks that is not an atrophy?.He gave some blood work to dismiss MG as my Hubby have diffuculty in breathing and complain about the tongue.He explain to my husband that he see many people with these symptos and they follow up for awhile and then they get better ?
He ordered an EMG just for peace of mind!What should we do ?We live in Toronto.I was desparete to book him in one of ALS clinic(Sunnybrook one ) but they told me they need an referrel and they see people that come for second opinin.I'm desparate do not know
what to do.We have a 7 years old and my mother 62 year stomach cancer stage 4.

Lolas ... I'm SO sorry for the family tragedies you are dealing with. It is a terrible situation. I hope your mother overcomes her cancer.

My suggestion is to go ahead with the EMG your neuro has ordered and at the same time, ask him for a referral to an ALS clinic. He sounds like a kind man, and hopefully will do all he can to put your mind at rest.

I hope it is not ALS ... it doesn't sound like it, but I'm sure it will help to hear that from experts in the field.

Blessings to you all. I will pray for your family.

Thanks Beth, for taking your time and reply.But I'm so scared and still thinks that all my husband symptoms looks very much ALS !

Lolas, Go get the emg and get the referral. Then accept what the neuro tells you. The worry will drive you nuts if you let it. There are so many other things it could be. I sometimes think we do ourselves an injustice by self-diagnosing. Calm down and move forward. Hope all is well and your husband recovers.
NancyS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back