Depression - what do you do for it when it hits? anything instant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW96

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2021
Country
US
State
IL
I have Bulbar onset ALS. Obviously we all have depression over this, and I know there are things that you can take long term. I have a prescription for Zoloft I haven't started taking yet, because I have been going through so much I didn't want to throw my mind into whack with antidepressant side effects.
Every now & then I have the uncontrollable Bulbar crying. If something upsets me, I can't stop crying and the crying is hysterical. Anything anyone can think of for those moments?
Also my town is throwing a benefit for me tomorrow and I don't know how to get through it without breaking down and crying.
Any miracle things that would not make me cry tomorrow? Keep my happiness level up?

Was nuedexta discussed? Are you truly depressed or is the crying out of control for the moment and what you are feeling? Pseudobulbar affect is absolutely awful and if that is your true issue nuedexta can help. My sister said it was the one medicine that she would chose if she could only have one because it improved her quality of life so much. PBA is physiological not emotional

if this sounds likely hold off on starting the zoloft until you can ask your doctor.

of course that doesn’t help you tomorrow. It is wonderful people are stepping up to support you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back