CALS
Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
US
State
WA
Hi Everyone,

My husband is going to the dentist on Monday morning. He hasn’t been since his diagnosis (august). He has a very weak tongue and he also choked on water so I think he has early dysphagia. Does anyone else have advice for their PALS and dentist appointments? I will be at work so I won’t be able to go, but I’m going to call them when they open on Monday morning. I was thinking they shouldn’t be doing the water pik (not sure what it’s called) for cleaning the teeth because he might be too much water for him to swallow safely. Thanks!

Sorry, I posted here without realizing this thread was in the Current caregivers subforum.

I have edited my post to delete the text.

Steve

I would write all your concerns down and have him take them with you for the dentist to read and discuss with him before starting anything.

Hi Marie,
Not all dental offices are up for this. I can recommend Dr. Ryan O'Connor (I think he now splits his time between the UW Faculty Practice and Crown Hill Smiles in Seattle, but UW is probably better equipped). I can also recommend in downtown Seattle , Dr. John Starks.

Thank you all! It’s kind of tricky because my PALS is sensitive that “there’s nothing wrong with me.” And he just casually told me he was going to the dentist on Monday and I was like 😬. I think I’ll call Monday morning and ask to re-schedule and do some more research. Downtown seattle is a possibility for him to get to (we’re a ferry ride away).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back