Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tillie! I'm not sure if it was you or another member who described the falls as a tree just toppling over.

He said that he didn't use his cane that day.

I've read that falls can result in additional loss of fuction.

I relay other Pals experiences from this forum so that he can learn some do's and don't's. It would be very helpful for him to get the info. 1st hand.

Possibly I said it that way, helping him avoid falling is going to be one of the really important things you can do to support him living with this disease xx

I found that just engaging in therapy run by a therapist three times a week at home caused me pain in my legs that has not gone away. Telling the therapist after four weeks that I did not want to continue, she left but the pain has not. That was three months ago, the pain subsided slightly in the first week or two but since then it has remained about the same.
Before ALS I was in the gym three times a week for a few years and really enjoyed it, not now.
Al

Sorry you had that experience Al - it's so hard to explain sometimes how much damage can be done by a well-meaning health professional!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back