Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
I have had twitching in my right deltoid for almost a week straight. It lasts for a few minutes and then it will stop and normally return in a few minutes but sometimes I do have breaks where it's an hour before it's starting twitching again. It must be doing it some when I'm sleeping because I've woke up to it but I do feel like it's generally better when I'm more relaxed/ sleeping. I haven't been lifting any weights or anything else that would have aggravated the muscle. I don't feel any weakness necessarily but I'm wondering if this twitching could be a first symptom. As the days go by and it doesn't get better I'm starting to freak out a little more. From what I've read about BFS, this doesn't sound like it because my twitching has been isolated to one muscle.

Should I give it more time or schedule an appt with my primary care doc?

You posted back in 2014 ALS question... seeing neurologist next week.

So obviously you’ve been worried about ALS at least intermittently for 5 years and I think it’s fair to say you have some health anxiety.

All you describe is twitching, not failure. This doesn’t suggest ALS at all.

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure.

Give it time and see your primary care doctor if you are still concerned.

Please read the sticky: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back