Delicate question about a crappy subject...

Status
Not open for further replies.

notBrad

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
OR
City
The coast of
I know a lot of PALS have issues with constipation but does anyone have any insight into the opposite problem?

I seem to have to go all the time. It's not diarrhea but less than... optimal let's say.

I'm on Nuedexta and Riluzole (although it started prior to taking Riluzole). I've cycled out supplements, vitamins and the Nuedexta trying to isolate the problem but no luck identifying the culprit.

Any advice would greatly appreciated,
Brad

Change in consistency then? Or same with more frequency? Is the total voume per 24 hours more less or same?

Last edited:
Glucose intolerant or lactose intolerant? Can start at any age.

Sherry

I had same issue with peg formulas. Can't tolerate them. Try Imodium to stop diarrhea . Then look at fiber. How much are you getting and what type? Soluble fiber helps relieve diarrhea, insoluble relieves constipation. See your gastro, he may have suggestions.

>Then look at fiber.

Ditto that! superfine liquified gazpacho possible?

Thanks all and Max - LOL :)

Change in consistency then? Or same with more frequency? Is the total voume per 24 hours more less or same?

Mushy consistency, same volume per 24 hours but very, very frequent

Glucose intolerant or lactose intolerant? Can start at any age.

Sherry

Actually my morning protein shakes seem to help reduce the frequency

I had same issue with peg formulas. Can't tolerate them. Try Imodium to stop diarrhea . Then look at fiber. How much are you getting and what type? Soluble fiber helps relieve diarrhea, insoluble relieves constipation. See your gastro, he may have suggestions.

Will try the soluble fiber. Can do Imodium because of the nuedexta according to what I've been able to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back