Delb's Unconditional love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Delb, Rolex is soooooooo adorable! Just be careful, though. Sometimes the little dogs can be the biggest diggers and can dig their way and squeeze under a fence in no time. Just don't want you to lose your buddy!

Linda

Hi Delb, Rolex is soooooooo adorable! Just be careful, though. Sometimes the little dogs can be the biggest diggers and can dig their way and squeeze under a fence in no time. Just don't want you to lose your buddy!

Linda

Hi Linda, Rolex so far has not dug or even scratched at all. He does not even want to leave his yard. I have to drag or carry him out of it, unless it is into the house. Then he doesn't want to leave it. I constantly watch him since I am home all the time. Thanks for your concern.

The pound said he was Schnauzer. The vet at the pound said Mini Pincher Mix. So I think he is a mix of the two. Looks more Mini Pincher though to me. He is smart as can be too !

Pound puppies are the best, aren't they? Our little terrier mix came from the pound about 13 years ago. She's about 16 now and she's still our baby. She's loving, cute, good natured and (usually) well behaved, although she is a hamburglar if she has the opportunity.

hi delb

:-D i left you a message on your old thread, rolex is gorgeous im so glad you got him.
i was so worried about you reading your other thread,im glad your doing better but i think you may still need more help than your getting. ignore the wife its you and rolex that matter not her. i hope its not too cold out for rolex,i dont want to sound out of line but i dont like the idea of pets being kept outside on a night,we will have to all petition your wife to give rolex a break,if she cant find that little fella cute she must be hard hearted.
bestwishes
caroline

Rolex is doing great and it does not get very cold here. He seems to have more problems with high temp than cold. I put a padded seat cushion along with his blanket pad in his dog house last week. He just loves the extra padding. Even saw him yesterday during the warm day laying in his doghouse taking a short nap. Still as cute and smart as can be.

Gave my wife roses for Valentine's and she has been treating me with kindness and caring so far. Think it really made her think and appreciate me. Only time will tell, but the signs are really good.

hi delb

:-Djust checking your still doing ok. hows rolex doing? hope its still all quiet on the homefront with wife.have you heard about your medicare yet? hope everythings ok.
godbless to you and rolex,i am always here if you want to chat.
caroline

Hi Caroline,
Rolex is doing great and growing. He was 8 lbs. when I got him and when I put him on the bathroom scale Friday, he was 13. Loves the freedom of the back yard. I am doing OK, but have fallen down 1 time Friday and 2 on Saturday. Sore ribs from hitting a metal chair on Friday and cut hand from bracing my fall on Saturday. Got to slow down and remember to have my cane in the house in case I need it. Twice I tripped over something and Saturday morning I got up out of bed and took a couple steps and my big toe on my left foot bent under causing me to fall. This is why I wear shoes in the house now. My big toe has done this to me several times already. Have to remember to put on my shoes when getting out of bed and grabbing the cane. I lay the cane down to do something and walk off without it and only later miss it. Shows you how well I can get around without it. But it catches up to me if I do. Eating food I get and cook now. My crazy wife got me some smoked salmon Friday and it was outstanding. I was going to eat the rest on Saturday and she told me to, but when I went to get it to eat it was gone. I asked her if she ate it and she said yes. Also she got me 2 cookies she brought home Saturday morning too, she ate them too. At least she hasn't eaten the food I fix yet. But I fix only what I can eat at the time.....
Yes I love to chat. Can't talk to anyone here, so this is my only way of communication, besides email.

rolex is getting big, but will still be an adorable puppy for a while yet. he must bring so much joy into your life,i bet your so glad you got him despite your wifes adament refusal.
i love animals,people i can take or leave but animals do give unconditional love,and are experts on judge of character.
im so sorry to hear about your falls,you will have to be more carefull and wear your shoes,but at least with the good food and weight gain you have a bit of extra padding lol. i love smoked fish,salmon,haddock,kippers. the only thing is they give me chronic indigestion after. your wife is either an indian giver or shes on a eating binge lol.
you will just have to be quicker and get to it before she does,a wheeled walker would be brilliant you could zoom to the fridge lol. or train rolex to get stuff for you.
still not got medicare yet? can you phone to see how far along you are?
hopefully you will continue to do well, keep eating and less falling lol.
best wishes to you and rolex,chat tomorrow.
caroline

Caroline,
Took Rolex to the vet today for the balance of shots for this year. My bathroom scales I bought to track my weight are wrong. Rolex weighed 13 lbs on them Friday. Today at the vet he weighs 22 pounds. I knew he was getting bigger ! I weighed him again when I got home and he weighed 12 on my scales. Off by 10 lbs. So my weight is really 125 and not 115. I weighed 122 at the doctor's office 2 weeks ago, so I have gained with my cooking and concentration of eating meat as the bible verse I pulled at random instructed me too. The doctor said Rolex had a strong heart and was not overweight. His heartbeat was perfect and he used him to train his assistant what a dog's heart should sound like. I just wondering how big he will get now that he has gone from 8 to 22 in a month. He is only 7 months old. Wondering if that Mini-Pincher/Schnauzer Mix could have been a Giant Schnauzer or a little Dover Pincher mixed in. He sure acts like my Doverman I use to have. He is still my baby though and likes to sit and sleep in my lap. Training is coming along great and he is learning fast.
Have not heard yet from Medicare and since I can't talk I can't call anyone. Hopefully I will get a letter from them soon. That's what my doctor's office thought.
I have not fallen anymore. I just don't get in a big hurry if I can remember. Also found out I can walk backwards better than frontwards. Almost as good backwards as I ever did. No limp at all. And a lot faster. Would look funny walking backward everywhere though. Best wishes to you too. God Bless

Just wanted to say I was not pushed by negative comments or anything or the kind. I have had lots going on in my life working on options and fighting ALS day & night besides. Have made some friends on the forum who have helped me more than I can ever say. Due to their hands on efforts and direct emails I have found answers to several things. I have decided to adapt a mind set of "Who Care What You Think" to my wife when she starts in. Or to other detracting influences in my life. I am focused in defeating ALS and improving my life in that order. Rolex is my shadow now, with me when ever my crazy wife is not here. Which is most of the time. I have a visit scheduled sometime this week from ALSA for a home visit. Should know more then hopefully. My crazy wife is off my radar screen. My new mind set cancels her out unless she is being good. And I have options in place for any eventuality. Working out wonderfully !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back