Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
just wanted to let delb,s friends know delb is in a rehabilitation unit following a feeding tube operation.
please keep him in your thoughts and prayers,i know this situation was a big fear for him and he will be so distraught .
we have become close friends with daily emails and phone calls,i just pray he will be ok and find some way to get back in touch but i fear now his wife wont let him go home.
here is the email i got from renee at the alsa.

Hi Caroline,

I spoke with his wife yesterday. I had been unable to get in contact with him for several weeks. He is in a rehabilitation facility currently. He had surgery for a feeding tube last week. His wife told me he will be there about two weeks. I think there is a chance he may have to stay at this facility since there is no one to care for him at home. I believe his nurse is no longer seeing him since he is in a rehab facility. If he goes home, she will more than likely re-establish services. I hope this information puts you at ease somewhat. Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance. Take care.

Renee
Renee Lowery, M.S.
Patient Services Director
The ALS Association, North Texas Chapter
1231 Greenway Drive, Ste 270
Irving, TX 75038

Thank you Caroline for the update! I had been wondering about Delb.

I hope he is able to go home and be treated with respect. Please let us know if you hear from him and tell him we are thinking of him and wish him a speedy recovery from the PEG insertion!

Thanks Caroline for the update. Tell him that we wish him well.

AL.

Thank you dear Caroline,
Oh boy, I feel for Delb, I really wish someone was avaliable for care, goodness this is sad. I hope something goes his way. Please tell him we are thinking and praying for him..

Caroline.
If you hear from Delb, please let him know that I am praying for him.

By the way, how is your new home working out for you?

Caroline,

Please let Delb know we are thinking and praying for him.... thank you for letting us know.

thankyou for the wellwishes for delb.
i know he has needed the peg for a long long time,i hope he has not left it too late.
i fear his wife will use this situation to keep him in the rehab or a home,something delb feared most.
renee at the alsa is going to try and find out which rehab centre he is in so we can send a card,i know he will be deeply depressed not having any contact and his present situation.(his wife said to renee on the phone she did not know what the rehab centre was called:roll:)
as soon as i find out an address i,ll let you know.

my move was very stressfull but it is what i needed,it is for wheelchair users with lower surfaces a shower room and i have 24hr carelink in case of emergency.
i will post some photo,s at a later date,theres still alot to do and somemore unpacking.
ontop of that i am trying to catch up on the posts and emails when i can.

please keep delb in your thoughts and prayers.

Caroline ... thanks for the update on Delb. I don't know him, but have heard him mentioned and hope and pray he is well taken care of.

I'm so glad you're back after your move. I missed your presence here, and wondered how it was going. It sounds like you are in a very good situation now.

Take care.

Moving is always a bigger adjustment than we think, isn't it Caroline? Hope you get settled soon. Thanks for the update on Deleb. Give him my best. Cindy

i just got this email from renee at the alsa.

Hi Caroline,

I wanted to give you the address of the facility where Del is currently residing. The facility is The Traymore, 7500 Lemmon Avenue, Dallas, TX 75209. The phone number is 214.358.3131 and their website is www.traymoredallas.com. I will hopefully see him in the next several days and I will let him know you are thinking of him. I spoke to his social worker today and she is trying to get him back online. Hopefully, you'll be able to talk to him soon. Please let me know if you have any questions. Take care.

Renee
Renee Lowery, M.S.
Patient Services Director
The ALS Association, North Texas Chapter
1231 Greenway Drive, Ste 270
Irving, TX 75038

i am so overjoyed and will send off a card tomorrow.

Sheesh, I remember the delb posts. Awful situation. I hope he finds happiness and friendship in the rehab facility he is in.

Cindy

His situation sounded too crazy to be true but I guess truth IS stranger than fiction. Hope he's OK.

AL.

"Happiness and friendship" is a great wish for DELEB. I, too, hope it comes true for him.

someone brought it to my attention about sending del a card and his name.
if you wish to send one address it to mr d denning.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back