Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
Has anyone heard from her? I was wondering if she is in the trial yet and how she is. Haven't noticed a post from her in a while.

Hi Al:
Haven't heard from Debbie but did notice that the Dr. who is leading the autologous stem cell program is moving to B.C. .. but I can't imagine that the trial would be suspended.

T.

Dr. Cashman told me he wasn't leaving until he had a replacement to run his program. I haven't heard of a replacement being named yet. Although they have announced his move.

hi al and tbear! ihaven't been on the computer lately because my typing is so slow now. i'm loosing my fine motor skills. my index finger on my right hand keeps inserting "j" which i then have to delete.

i saw dr cashman on tuesday and he is leaving for bc in june. his replacement is dr. zinman. dr cashman spoke very highly of him!

i will be starting stemcell therapy in may!

I had some dealings with Dr. Zinman at Tor. General in their Neurology Clinic. At the time I thought he was very personable and compassionate Dr. He was working under a Doctor there and I thought he was much smarter than her and a lot more likeable. He will be an excellent addition to the Sunnybrook staff. Great that you are going to be starting your therapy. Good luck and keep us posted.

... I don't know Neil Cashman's replacement, but read an artical on the woman who is running the neurological lab at U ofT. and she sounds very dedicated to ALS research. Her background and experience were suffucient for U of T. to, first, hire her and then to set up this lab for her work. That's really not too shabby... very impressive I'd say. As for Neil leaving, its sad but its whatever gets the job done... not whereever.

CHeers... nice to have you back albeit a bit slower Debbie.

T.

I read the same article. Now all we have to do is get her some more funding for her work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back